It’s not just a job, it’s a relationship…
St. Margaret’s Center, part of the Center for Disability Services, is a dynamic and unique skilled nursing facility serving infants, children, and young adults with complex medical conditions and disabilities. We are experts in providing long-term, 24-hour medical care in a nurturing, home-like setting.
Our dedicated team of professionals plan and deliver individualized care, focusing on the unique needs and personality of each person. Families are also part of our health care team. We are a part of an extended family, providing genuine support and putting everyone’s hearts and minds at ease.
Experience the difference a relationship can make,
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
CNAs at St. Margaret’s are responsible for the direct physical and emotional care of our residents utilizing the resident care plan. Daily shift documentation is required to maintain accurate and current records on residents. CNAs complete rounds as assigned; checking residents a minimum of every hour to ensure their safety. In addition, CNAs obtain resident vital signs and check skin daily as directed by a charge nurse, immediately reporting any condition changes as they occur. CNAs must attend in-service programs as required by the NYS Department of Health: a minimum of six hours every six months. CNAs follow all infection control guidelines for both the daily provision of care and isolation precautions, including by not limited to hand washing, handling of linens, and use of PPE, as well as other job-related tasks as assigned by Nursing Administration.
We value Excellence; Respect for the Individual; Integrity & Personal Responsibility; Teamwork; Innovation; and Leadership. Position specific qualifications include:
Current New York State CNA certification is required.
High School Diploma or GED required.
Requires ability to work mandated hours based on facility need.
Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
Our benefits make the Center one of the best places to work in the Capital Region!
· Low-cost individual, two-person, and family coverage with a high company contribution towards the premium
· Free life insurance
· Free short and long-term disability insurance
· Low-cost dental insurance
· Generous paid leave to be used for vacation, illness or personal leave
· Paid Holidays
· Paid bereavement leave
· Paid Jury Duty
· Generous 401(k) retirement program with a company contribution and match
· Tuition assistance and scholarship opportunities
· Free Employee Assistant Program
· Free checking with Direct Deposit
· Supplemental, voluntary insurance options including: disability, life, accident and auto
· Staff Recognition Programs
· Mileage Reimbursement
· College Savings Plans
· Credit Union
· Membership Discounts (e.g. Gold’s Gym, Great Escape, Verizon Wireless, JCC)
· Free Parking
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply online at www.stmargaretscenter.org.