APC & PROCESS CONTROL ENGINEER(s)
This position will specialize in the application of control technology to meet and improve process control targets and
utilization. Design, implement, document, test, and maintain Honeywell DCS based controls systems to support safe and
optimum production. Provide process controls group point of contact support to other departments.
- Lead development, implementation and maintenance of Honeywell DCS regulatory control schemes.
- Provide daily point of contact support to Operations Department for process controls related issues.
- Responsible for all loop tuning on Honeywell DCS.
- Create, maintain, modify, and troubleshoot Honeywell DCS graphics.
- Provide controls technical content for training department and operating manuals detailing how controls are designed
to work and how the operators interface with the controls
- Act as process controls group point of contact as required in project related activities.
- Ensure Projects adherence with plant standards for Process Control.
- Review process control related IFA packages.
- Provide process control related support for project checkout and commissioning.
- Provide process control related support for turnaround and shutdown/startup activities.
- Serve as Process Controls group representative as needed for PHAs and Hazops.
Qualifications - External
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Process Control technical training and/or experience.
- Basic understanding of refining processes.
- Basic knowledge of PCs and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a TWIC card.
- Willing and able (with reasonable accommodations) climb up to 200 feet.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Direct experience in refining and or chemical industry.
- Direct experience with Honeywell DCS systems.
- Strong oral/written communication skills and the ability to interact and work in a team environment.
- Computer proficient including applications for word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
- Demonstrated ability to work on cross discipline teams
This job entails spending at least 25% of the time outside, entering confined spaces (infrequently during normal operations
and more frequently during turnarounds), climbing stairs and/or ladders up to 200 steps occasionally, and exposure to
dirt, dust and wet and/or humid conditions frequently. It also entails exposure to high and continuous levels of noise,
vibration, extremes of temperature and hot equipment, hydrocarbon vapors, fumes and the potential for exposure to
refinery chemicals, including for example Hydrogen Sulfide, Carbon Monoxide, Benzene, HF Acid.