River Run Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, a 145 bed long term care facility in Kingston, PA is seeking a Full-time Activities Aide to join our staff!
The ideal candidate will have great personable skills and will assist with planning, developing, organizing, implementing, and evaluating the recreation programs in our facility.
- Observe the residents' attendance, mood, behavior and degree of involvement.
- Participate in community planning related to the interests of the facility and needs of the resident/family.
- Participate in discharge planning, development and implementation of recreation care plans along with each resident's assessment.
- Interview residents or family members to obtain recreation information. Involve the resident and family in planning recreation programs, when possible.
- Involve the resident and family in planning objectives and goals for the resident.
- Coordinate activities with other departments, as necessary.
- Keeps abreast of economic conditions and situations and recommend to the recreation director adjustments in recreation programs that assure the continued ability to provide daily activities.
- Implement recreation procedures as directed by the recreation director by creating decorations, setting up necessary equipment as needed.
- Must possess, as a minimum of, a high school diploma or G.E.D. or equivalent.
- At least 1 year experience Long Term Healthcare experience.
- Must be energetic with a flexible schedule.
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal and computer skills.