SIMED is currently looking for exceptional front desk staff to help in multiple clinics. We are looking for PRN staff interested in working flexible schedules or maybe interested in getting their foot in the door for full time employment.
Qualified candidates preferably should have worked in a medical office or hospital setting and be familiar with electronic medical records. Candidates should be proficient in the use of basic computer software such as Microsoft Office Products. We are looking for individuals who possess a desire to work hard and can also display exceptional professional customer service skills. We offer room for advancement and schedules to work with everyone's needs.
The Clinic Assistant (CA) is responsible for the front desk reception and management of the clinic front desk. The flow of the clinic begins and ends at this position and it is the CA’s responsibility to ensure that patients are transitioned throughout the clinic areas smoothly. The CA is also responsible for ensuring that the data entered into the computer system, insurance information gathered and authorized and monies collected are done so in a timely and accurate fashion. The CA must do his/her position while remembering Customer Service and professionalism are key components of this position and the CA may be the “face” of his/her division.
The following is a basic list of duties and functions which may be required of you in your position
- Review records to ensure that all appropriate documentation is present. Ensure copies of reports, diagnostic test results, etc… are available in the chart (scanned, if applicable).
- Greet patients, answer telephones, and respond to patient inquiries.
- Print daily encounter forms, review schedules address any patient issues prior to clinic start with Manager.
- Assist patients with forms and paperwork as needed
- Verify insurances and authorizations are current and accurate.
- Review and enter patient demographics; ensure accuracy of patient information in system.
- Scheduling, confirming and reviewing scheduled appointments as needed.
- Taking & relaying messages for nursing staff and doctors. Respond to patient calls as appropriate.
- Ensure forms and documents for patients are stocked at front desk at all times.
- Sending correspondences to patients, physicians or staff as needed.
- Calculating, collecting copayments and deductibles
- Scan documents into EHR as needed.
- Assisting with patient referrals and/or authorizations
- Observing patient and staff safety policies & procedures, HIPAA and Compliance policies.
- Escorting patients to/from integrated service areas such as Lab & Diagnostics
- Demonstrate appropriate and effective customer service skills at all times.
This list of duties if for you assistance but is in no way the extent of what you are expected to do. Duties may be added or changed. If more help is needed in other areas with other clinics, we expect full cooperation and assistance to reach our team goals.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE TO APPLY ONLY FOR THIS POSITION OR TO SIGN UP FOR OUR RECRUITMENT EMAIL LIST. www.simedjobs.com