Description of position
The Business Intelligence Analyst position will be responsible for the successful delivery of reports and dashboards required by the business. This position will require extensive knowledge of the entire Cognos suite of tools including Framework Manager and Report Studio.
Tasks and responsibilities
* Designs and builds Business Intelligence applications utilizing all possible information delivery channels.
* Participates in converting legacy system reports to Cognos BI solutions. This includes researching data availability and format, designing reports, programming, and publishing the reports.
* Participates in the data integrity initiative and works with end users to follow through with associated action items.
* Responsible for framework modeling, report writing (relational and multi-dimensional), and creating dashboard components using the Cognos 8 suite of products.
* Creates and executes test plans/scripts to test/QA reports and programs.
* Works closely with data architects, application development, and ETL development team to design and implement BI applications using shared architecture and
Enterprise Data Warehouse.
* Works closely with business users to verify data requirements and access needs.
* Populates metadata.
* Develops report templates and implements BI standards.
* Mentoring of junior developers.
* Some Production Support duties during off-hours and weekends.
* Any other duties as may be assigned or required.
* Must have at least 5 years of strong experience with Cognos BI Tools:
* Cognos Report Studio
* Cognos Business Insight (Dashboard)
* Cognos Framework Manager
* Designing/Build/Maintain complex Metadata Models
* Cognos Administration
* Cognos Transformer
* OLAP Analysis and Cube Development
* Strong SQL query-writing ability
Earn $1,500 for every person you refer & we hire! If you see a position posted by PrimeTime and know the perfect person for the job, just send us your friend's contact information/resume.
6 month contract Opportunity with a fortune 100 firm. Pls send resume ASAP