Get new similar jobs by email for
Commercial Construction Superi...
Commercial Construction Superintendent
Job Profile and Description(Summary, but not limited to):
A construction superintendent is a person who plans and ensures the coordination and satisfactory completion of construction jobs. He/she has the responsibility of supervising the construction project. He/she ensures that the quality of work and materials is upheld. He/she is entitled with the total supervision of all the operations on the site. He/she ensures that the workers are implementing what is on the design plan. He/she monitors the workers and the progress of the project and reports to his/her Employeras well as to the Owner, Client or Owner/Client’s representative. He/she is held liable for any happenings at the construction site and sees to it that the project is completed in time and that the outlined standards are met.
Duties and Responsibilities(Summary, but not limited to):
· Full understanding of the Building Requirements and Procedures when working in occupied spaces
· Ensuring that both the health and safety procedures are implemented
· Being on site to oversee all the construction process
· Organizing the workers and ensure adherence to construction documents and local code requirements
· Recording the total costs for materials purchased
· Oversight of all labor and material installation
· Ensuring that the stipulated safety rules and regulations are met
· Works in conjunction with the Project Manager to ensure project is completed per the posted schedule.
· Ensure that quality is preserved in the construction process
· Responsible for authoring and publishing daily reports
Skills and Specifications (Summary, but not limited to):
· Seven to Ten years (7-10 years) experience as a Commercial Superintendent of projects - volume size ranging from $500K to $5 MIL.
· Highly skilled in maintaining communications and coordinating critical activities with the Building Engineer, the Client Representative and neighboring occupied spaces.
· Experience in working in critical environments and occupied spaces
· Experienced in working with larger corporate clients such as financial institutions, insurance companies with specific procedures.
· Disciplined in following procedures without shortcuts when working in critical facilities
· Excellent Leadership qualities
· Good communicator
· Excellent supervisor
· Expertise in scheduling and multitasking
· Knowledgeable in commercial building and construction
Education: High School Diploma required.Bachelor’s Degree preferred.