Danbury, CT 06810
Medical Devices and Supplies
- JOB TYPE:
- WORK EXPERIENCE:
2+ to 5 Years
- EDUCATION LEVEL:
- CAREER LEVEL:
Hologic, Inc. (NASDAQ: HOLX) is a leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of premium diagnostics, medical imaging systems, and surgical products dedicated to serving the healthcare needs of women throughout the world. Historically, Hologic developed, manufactured, and marketed products focused on mammography, breast care, and osteoporosis assessment. Our core business units are focused on breast health, diagnostics, GYN surgical, and skeletal health. For more information visit www.hologic.com.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
- Build an in-depth knowledge of Hologic products to contribute to the software development efforts for a suite of medical imaging products, with a focus on interoperability design and testing.
- Maintain proficiency in DICOM, IHE, and other integration technologies, and incorporate this knowledge to the design and implementation of product features.
- Troubleshoot interoperability issues between the Hologic products and other vendor’s products.
- Write, review, validate, and implement technical documentation (bulletins, user guides, procedures and manuals) for use by in-house and field personnel to properly configure and troubleshoot Hologic products.
- Develop and maintain industry relationships to facilitate interoperability testing and validation of Hologic products with other industry products.
- Develop and execute thorough test procedures and document test results.
- Build and maintain computer lab and identify tools for increasing efficiency of Connectivity and Engineering teams.
- Educate sales and service force on applicable connectivity topics and support sales on connectivity related issues.
- Provide escalation support for service calls pertaining to connectivity related issues.
- Keep manager and appropriate staff aware of technology and industry trends with respect to connectivity related issues.
- Ensure that all work tasks are executed in a manner consistent with all company quality standards and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of computer hardware, computer networking and operating systems.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self motivated and team oriented.
- Desire to continuously learn new technologies and new products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems, or a related technical field.
- Minimum of 2-4 years work experience.
- Experience in some or all of the following areas is preferred: Medical Imaging, PACS, DICOM, HL7, software design and test, technical support, maintaining vendor relationships, customer service.
(Including Physical & Mental requirements)
- Must be able to repetitively lift and carry product weighing approximately 30 lbs.
If intereseted in this position, please apply at www.hologic.com/careers to IRC33816.
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Agencies that submit a resume to Hologic must have a current executed Hologic Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human Resource Department. In addition Agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by a Hologic Recruiter. All resumes must be sent to the Hologic Recruiter under these terms or they will not be considered.
Hologic, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer