Get new similar jobs by email for
Consumer Loan Officer
Are you looking to advance your career with a successful and stable organization? Are you interested in impacting the lives of others? Marine Credit Union is rapidly expanding and looking for driven individuals to share in our success as we continue to grow! As a Consumer Loan Officer, you create relationships and learn about our members’ lives and financial history. You have the unique ability to look beyond a credit score, placing value on individual circumstances, and help our members achieve their financial dreams.
Marine Credit Union currently has locations throughout Wisconsin, Iowa and Southeast Minnesota. Relocation assistance is available to help start your career in a new area. You will also be provided robust, paid training, on-going professional development opportunities, and a competitive base wage with the opportunity to earn incentive pay based on performance. Marine Credit Union also offers a low-cost comprehensive benefits package.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Consumer Loan Officer, your role is to provide information on financial products and services to current and prospective members. You are responsible for completing the full loan application process, including the preparation of documents, analysis of data and credit history, as well as collecting and reviewing required documentation for consumer loan products. You will promote credit union products to members and impact local decisions to approve or deny loan applications. Additional responsibilities include:
• Provide exceptional service to our members from the loan application to approval process.
• Make calls to members using lead lists generated internally to increase clientele and loan applications.
• Get to know our members’ financial situations in order to suggest the best product or service that will meet their needs. Determine collateral needs and payment plans for members applying for routine loans.
• Recommend and outline terms of loan. Inform and educate prospective borrowers of loan commitments.
• Place follow-up calls to members regarding delinquent loans.
• Network within the community to promote MCU’s services and generate new lending opportunities.
The ideal candidate is one committed to providing exceptional service. It’s more than “crunching numbers” at Marine Credit Union (MCU), we take the time to understand our members and fully understand their story to find creative solutions to help them achieve their financial dreams. Qualifications include:
• Ability to build rapport, credibility & trust
• Competitive drive with determination to succeed and achieve goals
• Positive attitude and willingness to learn
• Experience working in a face to face customer service/sales environment
• Degree in Business or related field
• Proficiency in Spanish is given additional consideration
Marine Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Marine Credit Union Enterprise is a dynamic, thriving organization serving the financial needs of our Members and the general public throughout the Midwestern United States. Our enterprise provides financial products and services through Marine Credit Union, Marine Insurance Services, and Consumer Loan Services LLC, and has a proud history of service excellence spanning over eight decades. Marine Credit Union, via a network of 18 locations in Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa, serves over 58,000 Members and prospective Members in 31 Midwest counties. Marine Credit Union offers a variety of banking and financial services including checking, savings, MMDA, and Individual Retirement Accounts as well as consumer, commercial, and mortgage loans. Consumer Loan Services LLC, a subsidiary of Marine Credit Union Enterprise, provides retail mortgage loans for direct consumers and scalable mortgage products, services, and support for financial institutions. Marine Insurance Services, also a subsidiary of Marine Credit Union Enterprise, provides quality Auto, Home, Life, Health, and Business insurance products to consumers throughout the Midwest. Marine Credit Union Foundation, a nonprofit charitable institution established by Marine Credit Union Enterprise, furthers our support of the local communities we are so honored to serve. Marine Credit Union takes our duties as corporate citizen seriously, and our staff are deeply involved in our local communities.
Marine Credit Union can offer excellent training, leadership, and support, in addition to competitive compensation and an excellent benefits program which includes:
"Marine Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer"