Get new similar jobs by email for
Courier - Atlanta
As a Courier, daily activities will include making assigned specimen pick ups per departmental guidelines as described for the logistics department in a laboratory environment.
Responsibilities, Activities, Scope of Work
· Ability to follow instructions
· Ability to read map
· Ability to read and write English
· Required to pick-up and deliver stat specimens
· Drive a vehicle to pick –up deliver, and properly store specimens and other materials assigned to route or as needed basis.
· Communicate effectively and pleasantly with internal and external customers;
· Follow OSHA guidelines when handling specimens;
· Document pickups by client, type and date;
· Comply with all State, Federal, professional regulations as well as department rules, policies and procedural manuals; and Adherence to Safety and HIPAA Regulations.
· Adheres to departmental dress code
· Reports on time to work
· Communicates all issues immediately to appropriate Manager
High School diploma or equivalent
1-3 years of previous driving experience
· Valid and/or current Driver’s License, insurable, and an acceptable driving record
· Must demonstrate a high level of confidentiality
· Possess strong customer service and interpersonal skills;
· Must be flexible, dependable, work well under pressure, and the ability to maintain a positive attitude.
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds consistently
· Prior medical courier experience and prior customer service experience helpful but not required
· Prior knowledge of MS Word and Excel desired
· Must be flexible and available based on staffing needs; weekends and holidays; on call and overtime
· Prior knowledge of medical specimens and/or medial supplies helpful but not required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature, type and level of work being performed by the employee (s) functioning in this position. They are not to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of said personnel. The company reserves the right to add, delete, or modify assigned duties at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.