TransCore, a subsidiary of Roper Industries, Inc. (NYSE: ROP) is seeking a full-time .NET Developer/Programmer to join the Software Development team in Atlanta, Georgia.
The .NET Developer/Programmer analyzes, designs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements as they relate to solutions used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs with an Oracle database. Using current programming language and technologies, writes stored procedures, design/supports database tables, and performs testing and debugging of applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Logical/physical database design and development for database software, imbedded processes, and database applications
· Database backup/recovery & disaster recovery planning, implementation, and testing.
· Creates daily, weekly, and monthly database preventive maintenance scripts and jobs.
· Compiles and writes documentation of database application program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program.
· Consults with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes.
· Performs or directs revision, repair, or expansion of existing database applications to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
· Writes, analyzes, reviews, and rewrites database applications, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic.
· Writes or contributes to instructions or manuals to guide end users.
· Plans, coordinates, and implements security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
· Establishes and calculates optimum values for database parameters, using manuals and calculator
· Specifies users and user access levels for each segment of database.
· Develops data model describing data elements and how they are used, following procedures and using pen, template or computer software.
· Develops methods for integrating different products so they work properly together, such as customizing commercial databases to fit specific needs
· Improves the performance of database operation through methodologies, such as indexing.
· Being able to develop the objects and scripts to read, transform and load the data from a source system to a target system.
Required Skills and Experience:
· Bachelor's degree (B.A.) required.
· Minimum of 5 years of related experience.
· Prior working knowledge/experience/proficiency of .NET development on an Oracle database/technology, version 10G or higher.
· Ability to work with diversified and teams located in different geographic reason.
· Good communications skills are required to help development teams and management teams with decision making process on Oracle design and implementation.
TransCore’s expertise includes systems integration, design consulting, operations, maintenance, manufacturing, RFID and satellite communications technologies, and extensive Web-based logistics and transportation management systems.
TransCore offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible savings accounts, 401K, Life and AD&D insurance, a comprehensive Paid Leave program, and a Tuition Reimbursement program. Participation is limited to regular full-time employees.
TransCore is proud to support workforce diversity and is a committed equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply.
To learn more about TransCore please visit us at www.transcore.com.
Sponsorship and relocation assistance are not offered at this time for this position.
All referrals and résumés are managed exclusively through the Human Resources Department. TransCore will not consider unsolicited résumés from vendors including search firms, fee-based referral services and/or recruitment agencies.