Director Critical Care Services Critical Care Director
My client, a 200 Bed Hospital, is a quality leader among Chicago land area hospitals, meeting or exceeding national benchmarks for many quality and safety measures. They hold more accreditations and disease specific certifications than any other area hospital and have earned several disease-specific certifications from the Joint Commission.
Director Critical Care Responsibilities:
· Leadership and management of Intensive Care and Intermediate Care Units: ensures that operations result in high quality, team-oriented, patient-focused, and profitable services.
· Plans, implements, and continuously improves the patient care process in ICU and ICA to ensure the quality of care and appropriate staffing.
· Responsible for the appropriate staffing and competency of the patient care staff.
· Assists the VP-Patient Services to ensure high level of patient advocacy, patient satisfaction and physician satisfaction throughout the hospital.
· Implements retention strategies, improves staff satisfaction, implements staff participation structure.
· Leads effective PI in area of accountability
· Accountable for center/unit’s performance indicators. Communicates indicators to managers and team members and works with them to improve outcomes (i.e., financials, case management, human resources, productivity, customer satisfaction, regulatory agency, key processes, and quality).
· Continuously assesses and implements ways to improve customer satisfaction – patient, physician, and employee.
· Develops budget with the center/unit leadership team and is accountable for appropriate utilization of resources within the budget.
· Performs financial analysis for budget preparation and program development.
· Promotes performance competency, and development of team members.
· Provides on-going coaching and mentioning to all direct reports.
Director Critical Care Qualifications:
· RN licensed in Illinois
· Bachelor’s degree required. Masters preferred with emphasis in Healthcare Administration, and/or a clinical area.
· Previous management experience required at a Director level.
The hospital offers an incredible benefit package and offers aggressive compensation commensurate with experience. For prompt and confidential consideration, please apply to the link below:
WHAT CANDIDATES SAY ABOUT THIS RECRUITER:
I was extremely impressed with the professionalism of my recruiter, Tim Price, and with the time and effort that Management Recruiters Elgin team has taken to prepare a very informative website and a pleasant process.
Hospital Executive in California