Director of Purchasing
Uline – Shipping Supply Specialists
Uline is a leading North American distributor of shipping, packaging and industrial supplies. Founded in 1980, the family-owned business has experienced continuous growth over the years. Today, we employ over 3,100 bright, career-minded individuals across the U.S., Mexico and Canada.
At Uline, we're energetic and passionate about what we do. Because of our continued expansion, we seek qualified candidates who share our vision, values and commitment to superior customer service.
Uline seeks a Director of Purchasing at its Corporate Headquarters in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin (south of Milwaukee).
- Direct Uline’s national purchasing and inventory operations.
- Assure seamless product availability to support Uline’s operational plans.
- Develop a supplier management program with key vendors. This includes metrics, performance goals and improvement initiatives.
- Insure consolidation and leverage of all common purchases to obtain highly leveraged contracts.
- Oversee the management of the Purchasing and Inventory budgets.
- Lead efforts to minimize the cost of common materials and services.
- Develop forecasts for future demand and place timely orders based on vendor lead-time.
- Build and maintain vendor relationships, which includes plant visits.
- Work with Merchandising to solve vendor issues and to help manage vendor changes and potential product additions.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years purchasing experience.
- Strong negotiation and management skills. Effective in influencing others.
- Experience sourcing direct and indirect materials and services.
- Strong understanding of inventory planning, forecasting techniques and operational systems.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills and an innovative approach to problem solving.
- Travel to domestic and international branches and vendors as needed.
- Complete insurance coverage – medical, dental, vision, life.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Generous paid time off.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- 3 bonus programs.
Please visit www.uline.com/jobs to learn more about our job openings and benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please click the “APPLY” button to submit your resume for immediate consideration!