Get new similar jobs by email for
Dispatcher / Transportation Ma...
Trucking Dispatcher / Transportation Manager
Redstone Construction Group is seeking an individual to oversee the schedule and delivery gravel and stone material in the Central Arkansas Area. This will be a full-time salaried position with benefits.
Detailed Job Description
Responsible for the day-to-day operation of up to 30 owned dump trucks and 30 leased dump trucks. Truck requests are called in daily from the field and it will be your responsibility to coordinate the delivery of the material using the best and lowest cost possible. Labor will need to be continuously monitored to ensure all DOT labor rules and regulations are followed and to minimize overtime whenever possible. You will be required to maintain a computerized (look ahead) schedule that can be accessed by the field personnel whenever necessary. It will be your responsibility to determine if owned or leased trucks are dispatched. Redstone ships material 6-7 days a week in peak season. You will be responsible for establishing policies and procedures to ensure all deliveries are completed on time and on budget even when you not on duty.
Redstone Construction Group is a full service earthwork, paving and utility contractor working state wide in Arkansas. This position requires ensuring crushed stone is delivered to the Asphalt Plant from the Quarry source as well as delivery of materials from the asphalt plant to job sites. On time delivery is critical to the jobs being completed both timely and on or under budget. This position requires decisions to be made quickly to adapt to changes encountered in the field.
This is a full-time position that requires communication with drivers from early in the morning until late in the evening. Responsible for routing drivers, monitoring and evaluating driver performance, fielding incoming phone calls, rerouting drivers when necessary, and utilizing manpower efficiently and equitably. The Transportation Manager is actively involved in ensuring safe work methods are followed in the department, reviewing driver performance and proper service levels are maintained for our customers and field personnel.
· Operations Manager
· Company Executives
· External Customers
· Sales / Estimating Department
· Asphalt Plant
· Maintain a safe and efficient Transportation operation.
· Monitor efficient operation of each route, review driver time, number of stops and weight. Make alterations when necessary.
· Review driver performance by log book reviews, on road supervision, on-time performance, and safety or driver observations.
· Schedule drivers for daily routes and day-off.
· Recruiting of new drivers.
· Ensure truck drivers are properly trained to meet company policies and procedures, customer service, safety and delivery driving ability.
· Schedule all routes.
· Provide training for new-hires as needed.
· Ensure necessary cross training of drivers occurs to assure proper coverage for vacations and absences.
· Approves vendor purchases for the Transportation operation.
· Executes performance evaluations for DOT.
· Handle Employee corrective action.
· Develop and maintains route manuals for each route.
· Functions as D.O.T. coordinator and administers and enforces D.O.T. regulations with the assistance of the Safety Supervisor.
· Fills in for the drivers when necessary (if possible).
· Required to work overtime, if requested.
· Perform other tasks as directed by manager.
· Functions as liaison between the DOT and senior management.
· Communicates with co-workers, management, clients, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
· Conforms to all safety rules and use all appropriate safety equipment.
· This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
· Holiday, Weekend and Overtime work may be required.
· Good attendance and adherence to work schedule.
· Adherence to all Good Manufacturing Practices, Company Policies and Safety procedures.
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Secondary education preferred but not required.
· Two (2) year minimum Transportation management experience with an understating of route development.
· Thorough knowledge of D.O.T. regulations and proven ability to maintain a safe Transportation operation.
· CLASS A/B DRIVERS LICENSE PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED
· The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
· Commercial Drivers’ License, Class A
· Ability to motivate, train, discipline and develop subordinates.
· Strong communication skills
· Strong organizational skills and ability to handle crisis situations effectively.
· Excellent knowledge of Arkansas Department of Transportation is preferred.
· Exceptional leadership skills
· The Physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the human resources department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
· Must be able to pass D.O.T. physical, stay D.O.T. certified and keep a valid Class “A" or “B" CDL when required.
· Stand for extended periods of time, bend, stoop, reach, push, pull, squat, turn body, and walk.
· Must have the ability to talk and hear; must be able to hear warning horns on moving machinery and equipment.
Interested applicants can either email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: Dispatcher or fax to 501-374-8314. You can review our company in detail by visiting our website www.redstone-cg.com. This will be a salaried position and is based solely on experience with minimum starting salary of $50,000.00, excellent benefits package including insurance, retirement and paid vacation