All engineers should list salary info and geographical preferences, please no "entry" level engineers, our clients require a U.S. Citizenship or a Green Card, there is no sponsoring at this time
I/E Improvement Leader
The I/E Improvement Leader oversees the Houston site Instrument and Electrical department. Establishes and leads the department in accomplishing short and long term improvement goals under guidance from the Maintenance Manager. Serves as first point of contact for controls and interlock issues, including DCS and PLC. Manages interlock matrices for both Houston and Baytown locations. Develops high standards for the department and maintains a culture of accountability. Recognizes I/E problems, immediate and longer term, and formulates action plans for improvement. Improves department compliance with work order Planning and Scheduling requirements. Supports and participates in all required plant HSSE and WCM initiatives. Execute I/E maintenance jobs as required. Support capital activities by participating in design reviews and ensuring the maintainability of new projects.
· BSEE plus 5+ years in plant I/E support role
· Working knowledge of applicable I/E codes, installation requirements and troubleshooting techniques.
· Ability to program in a DCS/PLC environment and use various troubleshooting techniques to solve problems.
· Proven ability to plan and prioritize to accomplish goals.
· Experience in implementing World Class Manufacturing concepts.
· Computer savvy: must be able to adapt to new programs quickly.
· Previous experience in team leadership is a plus