World Energy Solutions, Inc.
Energy Efficiency Group
Small Business Energy Auditor - MA
World Energy Solutions, Inc. (NASDAQ: XWES) is an energy services firm headquartered in Worcester, MA that brings together the passion, processes and technologies to take the complexity out of energy management and turn it into bottom-line impact for the businesses, institutions and governments we serve. To date, the Company has transacted more than $30 billion in energy, demand response and environmental commodities on behalf of its customers, creating more than $1 billion in value for them. World Energy is also a leader in the global carbon market, where its World Energy Exchange® supports the ground-breaking Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative’s (RGGI) cap and trade program for CO2 emissions. For more information, please visit www.worldenergy.com.
World Energy’s Energy Efficiency Group is an energy conservation engineering and project management team focused on assessing, developing, engineering, and managing commercial energy efficiency projects. Specifically, projects include commercial building energy audits, project scope development, equipment specifications and ROI analyses. We work with local utilities on incentive programs, present project analyses and provide turnkey energy efficiency project solutions for our customers. Our focus is on high ROI lighting, mechanical and energy management systems.
We are seeking an experienced Energy Auditor with a energy, contracting and/or utility sales background who will work on identifying lighting and/or mechanical efficiency opportunities in commercial, industrial and institutional buildings. The successful candidate will develop energy saving recommendations and cost estimates, then present findings to customers for contract signature.
The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in energy efficiency lighting, mechanicals and/or controls- experience with refrigeration controls, Building Automation and VFD’s a plus. We are looking for a technical and highly motivated salesperson who is an effective communicator, has good mathematical skills, is willing to be hands-on with performing building audits and thrives in a fast paced, dynamic and entrepreneurial environment.
This position will be based out of our Worcester, MA office.
- Identify opportunities for improving the efficiency of lighting systems, building envelope, HVAC, water heating, controls and other energy systems in commercial, industrial and institutional bldgs
- Develop project cost estimates and proposals for Customer signature.
- Articulate energy savings to commercial & industrial customers
- Maintain up-to-date information on green energy standards for buildings
- Assist our engineers in developing efficiency solutions for lighting, HVAC, chillers, motors, VFDs, pumps, fans, boilers, EMS
- Present proposals for energy conservation measures to customers
- Other duties as may be required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with an energy services company, electrical contractor or electrical distributor.
- Background in lighting, HVAC and/or building controls is required with refrigeration, motors and VFD’s a plus
- Certified Energy Auditor (CEA) or Certified Energy Manager (CEM) a plus
- Certified Lighting Efficiency Professional (CLEP) a plus
- Technical knowledge of building systems and/or energy solutions.
- Strong organizational verbal and written skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office
Employee Benefits: We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes medical & dental insurance, prescription drug coverage, confidential employee assistance program, pre-tax accounts for health & dependent care, short and long-term disability insurance, 401(K) plan, life insurance, 10 paid company holidays, paid vacation and sick time and Employee Stock Option Plan.
To Apply: Please paste the following link into your browser and follow prompts. https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=1695351
For additional information please visit our website at www.worldenergy.com
World Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.