We provide our utility clients with a wide range of energy-saving and renewable energy solutions. From individual utility customers and construction contractors, to utilities, municipalities, and government bodies, our clients have come to depend on our customized energy efficiency programs to help them to meet their energy saving goals.
This position is responsible for providing our services directly to homeowners, landlords, building owners and other utility customers. You will provide expert advice and coordination for our programs while recommending specific modifications to electric and/or gas systems; you will also convince prospective clients of the improved efficiency that our services will bring. This role combines field work with office time (typically 3 field days to 2 office days per week). You will also be working with others who are passionate about energy efficiency and making a positive impact on the industry.
- Promote the energy efficiency program to customers and trade allies within your assigned territory
- Understand and implement the Franklin Energy Sales Process, including but not limited to: making outbound calls to new and existing customers to meet assigned energy saving targets, developing and facilitating program presentations to spur project activity and managing customer inquiries and concerns by phone, electronically or in person to move projects toward completion
- Identify and provide documentation of on-site opportunities for energy efficiency and provide follow-up to customers as required; Generate summary reports to customers and Program Managers as needed
- Discuss technical elements of energy consuming equipment—i.e., lighting, HVAC, hot water systems, building and pipe insulation, and air sealing
- Enter data into spreadsheets and databases to determine energy savings and to manage current projects which may also include collaborating with Energy Engineers
- Collaborate with home performance contractors and consultants to provide residential energy audit programs to utility customers
- Coordinate, schedule and manage implementation contractors performing HVAC, air sealing and building shell improvements for each project
- Perform post audit diagnostics, measurement and verification
Specific Qualification for the role include:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required. Technical school degree combined with demonstrated experience in the electric/gas utility field will be considered. Equivalent work experience may be considered.
- 1-2 years of experience in the electric or natural gas utility industry, facilities management, HVAC design or sales, commercial and industrial lighting, or conservation and energy management
- Previous energy efficiency and/or energy modeling experience - Preferred
- Previous customer service, sales, or marketing experience
- Must be self-motivated, flexible, organized and have an ability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook and comfortable entering and tracking information in databases
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers, clients and employees
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex and/or quantitative data and solve practical problems
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- Willingness to travel 50% or more of the time, occasional overnight
Franklin Energy Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Build a rewarding career in a dynamic and growing industry!