We provide our utility clients with a wide range of energy-saving and renewable energy solutions. From individual utility customers and construction contractors, to utilities, municipalities, and government bodies, our clients have come to depend on our customized energy efficiency programs to help them to meet their energy saving goals.
This position is responsible for providing expert technical support to customers and trade allies. In this role, you will provide energy advice and coordination services for the energy efficiency programs; these services include: building maintenance, lighting, controls, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems for energy efficiency and comfort. This is a client-facing role in which you will interact with and provide customers with advice and recommendations on the solutions that best suit their needs. You will also be working with others who are passionate about energy efficiency and making a positive impact on the industry.
- Work with business and building owners, developers, architects, engineers and contractors to provide energy efficiency advice and assistance in participating energy efficiency or energy conservation programs
- Identify and provide documentation of on-site opportunities for energy efficiency buildings under design and construction; provide follow-up as required to the customers
- Participate in QA/QC and internal audit activities
- Understand and implement the Franklin Energy Sales Process, including but not limited to: making outbound calls to new and existing customers to meet assigned energy saving targets, developing and facilitating program presentations to spur project activity and managing time in the field and customer inquiries and concerns by phone, electronically or in person to move projects toward completion
- Discuss technical elements of energy consuming equipment in a facility (lighting, HVAC, hot water systems, envelope, integrated design) and how it affects utility consumption and demand, to help build a business case to prioritize recommendations and how they affect savings and first cost
- Analyze building utility bills; Enter data into spreadsheets and databases to determine energy savings and to manage current projects, collaborate with other Energy Advisors/Energy Engineers as required to maximize technical support to the client base
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the program's strategic direction regarding energy efficiency and the business activities of its customers
- Keep current on the latest energy-saving technology and how we might incorporate them into our programs
- Ensure compliance with all quality and safety policies as well as all OSHA regulations
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university. (Based on the position preferences may include: Mechanical, Civil, Electrical or Industrial Engineering)
- 5-10 years engineering experience related to mechanical design, energy modeling or construction with at least 2-3 years experience in the energy efficiency industry
- Experience in building design, "green" construction and sustainable design - Preferred
- Certified Energy Manager and the LEED AP credentials - Preferred
- CEM, PE, SE certification and/or the desire/ability to obtain - Preferred
- Strong understanding of how systems affect energy consumption
- Must be a self-starter, organized and have an ability to prioritize workload in a fast paced environment
- Ability to identify and resolve project application issues with customers and trade allies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and entering/tracking information in databases
- Advanced written and oral communication skills
- Ability to research technical questions, analyze and interpret data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions to solve practical problems
- Strong mathematical aptitude related to: probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
- Ability to understand and apply in a building environment applied physics including thermodynamics, fluids and heat transfer theory
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time. Most travel will be local within NY with minimal overnight stays.
Franklin Energy Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Build a rewarding career in a dynamic and growing industry!