Join our Team!
Executive Housekeeper Job Summary:
Here’s your opportunity to “Work on the bright side®”! La Quinta Inns & Suites®, a leader in the hospitality industry, is seeking an experienced Executive Housekeeper. If you are detail oriented and possess the leadership qualities to oversee the operations of a housekeeping department, this is the job for you. Our Executive Housekeepers are involved in building, training and mentoring a team of employees who strive to be the bright spot in each of our customer’s day. Other key duties include:
· Supervising the operations of both the housekeeping and laundry areas
· Inspecting guest rooms, public areas, & heart of the house for cleanliness
· Train, motivate, coach, counsel, & discipline staff members
· Maintain a regularly scheduled cleaning program
· Prepare weekly schedule
· Maintain supply and linen inventories
· Update room statuses in the computer
· Ensure housekeeping requests from guests or management are responded to in a timely, efficient, & friendly manner
Minimum Experience, Education, Skill & Physical Requirements:
· High School diploma or equivalent required
· Must be able to read, write, understand and speak the English language
· Previous housekeeping experience required
· Previous supervisory experience strongly preferred
· General knowledge of cleaning chemicals and their safety preferred
· Must be able to lift 25 – 50 lbs
· Must be able to spend the majority of the day walking, twisting, bending, pushing and pulling
· Strong attention to detail required
· Must be able to work under pressure and simultaneously prioritize multiple projects
· Must be flexible in hours and days worked
· Must be capable of working in a fast paced environment with multiple interruptions
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with many types of personalities
Who is La Quinta?
We help brighten the day of our busy, practical, hardworking travelers and help them take care of their business or leisure travel needs. We provide the best hotel rooms, warmest hotel atmosphere and most courteous service in our market segment at every hotel, every night.
Our Goal, it's easy
We want for every guest to wake up on the bright side while staying at our hotel. We offer clean and comfortable guest rooms with a dose of advertising humor to help our guest feel optimistic and happy no matter what the day holds. A great portion of this comes directly from our employees attitudes. And as if that wasn’t enough, we offer our guest free Bright Side™ breakfast, free hi-speed Internet while they stay with us and comfy beds. Many of our properties include pools and well equipped work-out facilities.
What sets us apart?
Every team member plays a vital role in the success of our family and growth. We are not a conglomerate of hotels brands that make decision on panel of “experts”. We make an effort to know all our employees and help them grow through our training program. While we may be one of the largest owner-operators of hotels in North America, we are a family first.
La Quinta is proud to be the only hotel company who has been accepted as a member of AARP’s National Employer Team and the first hotel company certified as an Age Friendly Employer by RetirementJobs.com.
At La Quinta, we have a culture by which we are never satisfied. It doesn’t matter how well we have done something in the past or how well we may do it today, our goal is to continually improve. Our operating philosophy is very simple:
Everything we do at La Quinta truly revolves around our people, our product and our service.
We work just as hard to create a work environment that’s equally inviting and with many benefits: