Executive Vice President, Sales
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Kansas City, MO
FLSA Status: Exempt
Senior level Sales and Marketing Executive who will provide commercial leadership for the National Account Sales, Marketing and Product Specialistteams responsible for delivering new product and market development, marketing, competitive analysis, overall revenue and share growth while providing strategic inputs and recommendations to the CEO/staff of this $500M truck sales, service, rental and custom equipment growth business. The product line, rental fleet and service portfolio includes cranes, buckets, diggers, trailers, track and rail equipment. The industries and markets served include Transmission and Distribution (Utilities), Forestry, Rail, Oil & Gas and Construction and the primary market is North America with selected International Segments. The EVP sales will also work directly with the EVP of Rentals & Regional VP's to allocate and flow down the business level targets and lead the sales pipeline review process.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Commercial Leader for the National Account Sales, Marketing and Product Specialist teams, while fostering a culture of accountability, professional development, high-performance, and ethical behavior.
- Ownership of total business orders, revenue and cash targets and allocation to the Regional VP's and Product Specialists and National Account Sales Leaders.
- Establishes and maintains productive and collaborative peer-to-peer relationships to ensure shared business targets are aligned and achieved.
- Ensures seamless sales and product messaging with alignment throughout the organization including product managers, senior management, production, sales teams and all UOS stakeholders.
- Leads the Sales pipeline review process and provides updated sales forecasts for the Production Planning (SIOP) and Financial Planning Processes
- Develops a 3-year strategic plan (investment, market share, revenue growth and resources) for each product category and market segment based on the voice of the customer.
- Responsible for driving National Account sales initiatives resulting in the doubling of revenue and EBITDA with-in 3 years.
- Develop effective marketing products plans, including collateral materials, market size, and customer prioritization.
- Framing the Company's leadership position in the industry.
- Gathers and delivers market intelligence/competitive reconnaissance to leadership and sales teams.
- Maintains current "finger on the pulse" of all product-relevant competitive issues and trends that affect the Company's ROIC and success in the marketplace
- Manage sales training, recruiting and development of Product and National Sales team.
CORE COMPETNCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Proven Commercial Leader
- Broad Based Financial and Business Acumen.
- Excellent Communication Proficiency ... Written, Verbal and Presentation Skills
- Customer/Client Focus and Listening Skills
- Strong Interpersonal, Relationship Building and Leadership Skills
- Proven track record of aggressively growing the company's revenue and EBITDA through organic growth and/or M&A activity
- Problem solving/analysis.
- Results driven.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Technical capacity.
- Requires a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 10 years of sales experience in heavy equipment and service industries and/or market segments served
- Minimum of 5 years of Executive Level Sales Leadership with direct reports
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrixed organization and develop the key relationships, influence and the support required to gain consensus for new ideas and/or recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to work with and lead cross functional teams and provide the thought leadership, mentoring, team motivation and senior level support required to develop and execute winning strategies for highly competitive and complex deals
- Proven track record of presenting and closing complex deals that involve executive level and c-suite interaction
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, CRM software, and Web Analytics tools.
- Must be creative and strategic, with the ability to work on tactical issues in the short-term while maintaining vision for the long-term.
- Must display a high level of energy, enthusiasm, and sense of urgency and a strong desire to learn.
- Work from corporate headquarters in Kansas City and travel as required (50% of the time).
Utility One Source is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.