Get new similar jobs by email for
System Engineering Manager (Se...
Title – System Engineering Manager
Location – Seattle, WA
Employment Type – FTE/Direct Hire
Required: Top Secret Security Clearance
Are you an IT leader with a passion for operational excellence and obsessed with customer satisfaction? If so, we would like to talk to you!
Corporate IT organization is looking for a leader to build a team of disciplined IT engineers. This role overseas deployment, configuration, and management of core IT services, spanning both Windows and Unix, including directory services, file and print, application servers, web servers and management of server hardware and infrastructure.
In the first six to twelve months you will:
· Adapt and improve operations management systems and processes to accommodate rapid and increasing growth in systems and traffic
· Drive expedient resolution and root cause analysis for critical issues affecting your services
· Hire and Manage a team of diverse, smart, and driven systems engineers, providing coaching, development and personal growth while meeting the requirements of the business
· Bring continuous improvement to operational processes
· Balance raw up-front cost with usability, operability and TCO, both in datacenters and on-site services
· Lead the development and delivery of state of the art system health monitoring, diagnostics, repair, and other self-healing automation
· Develop automation tools and processes that reduce manual effort and increase overall efficiency
· Innovate anddrive improvements in monitoring and visualization of system health, status of maintenance tasks, and reporting systems
This position requires the applicant selected to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) eligibility and access. A US Government administered polygraph examination will be required. TS/SCI eligibility is not required to start; however, the applicant selected will be subject to a Single-Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified national security information. Applicants with a current SSBI, SBPR or PPR, may be eligible for crossover in accordance with ICPG 704.4.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 5+ years relevant work experience.
· 5+ years of solid system administration experience in a 24x7 global enterprise environment as an individual contributor
· 3+ year’s technical management overseeing systems administrators, engineers, and or support personnel, including remote teams.
· Experience with systems management or monitoring software (home-grown or commercially available)
· Strong understanding of both Windows Server Lifecycle
· Clear, professional communication skills able to contribute to team discussions, knowing when to contribute, when to listen, and when to ask questions.
· Strong leadership skills and a successful track record of driving projects to completion