Get new similar jobs by email for
Software Development Manager (...
Job Title – Software Development Manager
Location – Seattle, WA
Duration – Full Time Role
Our Client’s Education department is looking for a hands-on software development manager to lead the "Learning Experience" team. This team focuses on building features and products that help college students study more effectively, so that they could save time and get better grades. These features are built apps on iOS, Android, PC/Mac, and the web, therefore ideal candidate will thrive in a multi-platform environment. Some examples of features that we've built are Notebook, X-Ray for Textbooks, and Flashcards.
· Require BSCE (preferred highly over MSCE or PhDCE, too academic, theoretical for this role).
· Experience with OOD and object oriented languages
· 5-7 years development experience in OOD, (Java, C++, C#), Followed by some experience as a manager of ICs, not other managers.
· 2+ years people management experience
· Software Development background is much more important than the management experience; would consider a SR Dev, or a lead Dev, depending on the pertinent Dev experience.
· Middleware focused, on the platform stack, not embedded nor application
· Should have Device specific (preferably Android) experience, very nice to have.
· Should have experience shipping products, if not the entire end to end process.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Passion for software craftsmanship that yields clean, elegant and maintainable code