Get new similar jobs by email for
FT Pharmacist - Floater
Welcome to Weis Markets, a growing company with stores in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland and West Virginia. We are an incorporated company that has competed and succeeded since 1912. Harry and Sigmund Weis founded Weis Markets when they opened a small neighborhood store known as Weis Pure Foods in Sunbury, Pennsylvania. Today, Weis Markets employs approximately 18,000 associates. We also operate a distribution center in Milton, PA as well as dairy, meat processing and ice cream plants located in Sunbury.
Here we focus on supporting our local farmers and maintaining sustainable, environmentally friendly practices. In fact, Weis Markets is now one of the largest purchasers of Pennsylvania produce and dairy products. For more information on our Sustainability please go to http://www.weismarkets.com/about-weis/sustainability/.
Weis Markets rests on five values for success: Teamwork, Respect, Excellence, Accountability and Passion. Our Mission is to deliver an exceptional shopping experience by offering the best service, value, quality and freshest products while being good stewards of our environment and giving back to the communities we serve. The Weis Markets Vision is to become the #1 supermarket in our communities by offering the most inviting buying environment in the industry while saving our customers time and money and building our brand to premier status.
If you are a self motivated and results driven person who enjoys interacting with others, Weis Markets may be the exciting, fast paced environment you are looking for to begin or continue your career.
1. Works with the pharmacy manager on controlling inventories by helping track weekly sales, may order various pharmaceutical stock in order to meet customer demand and maximize profits.
2. Weighs, measures, mixes drugs and other medical compounds and fills bottles with correct quantity and compositions. May give advice to self-medicating patients. Also dispenses non-prescription medications. Maintains open communication with various health and insurance professionals.
3. Perform patient immunizations on a regular basis.
4. In the absence of the Pharmacy Manager may have to schedule pharmacy associates, reward and recognize performance, discipline associates as required, and give out work assignments to effectively utilize skills and abilities while meeting company profit objectives.
5. Assists manager with the ongoing training and development of department personnel in an effort to improve performance, ensure continuous development, reduce turnover and control labor costs.
6. Helps control department expenses by monitoring and improving operations, ensuring labor goals are met, and reducing losses due to shrink.
7. Responds to customer complaints and questions in an efficient and courteous manner, provides effective counseling on prescription related issues (i.e., adverse drug reactions, patients history which might bear on the prescribing decision, proper storage of medications, patient questions on medications, etc.) Identifies areas to improve customer service and collaborates with pharmacy manager to correct any deficiencies.
8. Helps manager maintain a safe, clean department through an effective housekeeping program to meet company, health department and OSHA standards.
9. Maintains appropriate department records and files on important matters, which may include associate performance and discipline, sales plans, etc. Submits required pharmacy reports which document department activities.
10. Ensures smooth function of department and store by cooperating with co-workers and superiors. Responsible to continuously improve job performance.
11. Performs duties of staff as required.
Bachelor of Pharmacy or Pharm D
Current Pennsylvania Pharmacist License