Front Desk Clerk
Serves guests by completing registration; controlling room assignments.
* Welcomes guests by greeting them; answering questions; responding to requests.
* Registers guests by obtaining or confirming room requirements; verifying preregistration; assigning room; obtaining information and signatures; issuing door cards.
* Establishes credit by verifying credit cards or obtaining cash.
* Directs guests to room by showing location on hotel map; calling bellhop.
* Conveys information to guests by receiving and transmitting messages, mail, facsimiles, packages, etc.
* Provides information to guests by answering inquiries regarding hotel and other services guests may require, such as entertainment, shopping, business, and travel.
* Maintains records by entering room and guest account data.
* Collects revenue by entering services and charges; computing bill; obtaining payment.
* Makes hotel and other reservations by entering or telephoning requirements; checking availability; confirming requirements.
* Secures guests' valuables by placing valuables in safe deposit box.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Customer Service, People Skills, Quality Focus, Professionalism, Energy Level, Multi-tasking, Dependability, Thoroughness, Phone Skills, Data Entry Skills, Listening
work on the bright side®
Welcome to the Bright Side® at La Quinta Inns & Suites®.
Who is La Quinta?
We help brighten the day of our busy, practical, hardworking travelers and help them take care of their business or leisure travel needs. We provide the best hotel rooms, warmest hotel atmosphere and most courteous service in our market segment at every hotel, every night.
- Fastest growing limited-service hotels in the North America
- Operate and provide franchise services with over 65,000 rooms in over 700 properties
- Locations in 46 states plus Canada and Mexico under the names La Quinta Inns and La Quinta Inns & Suites
- Based out of Dallas, Texas, over 9,000 employees nationwide work on the Bright Side
Our Goal, it's easy
We want for every guest to wake up on the bright side while staying at our hotel. We offer clean and comfortable guest rooms with a dose of advertising humor to help our guest feel optimistic and happy no matter what the day holds. A great portion of this comes directly from our employees attitudes. And as if that wasn’t enough, we offer our guest free Bright Side™ breakfast, free hi-speed Internet while they stay with us and comfy beds. Many of our properties include pools and well equipped work-out facilities.
What sets us apart?
Every team member plays a vital role in the success of our family and growth. We are not a conglomerate of hotels brands that make decision on panel of “experts”. We make an effort to know all our employees and help them grow through our training program. While we may be one of the largest owner-operators of hotels in North America, we are a family first.
La Quinta is proud to be the only hotel company who has been accepted as a member of AARP’s National Employer Team and the first hotel company certified as an Age Friendly Employer by RetirementJobs.com.
At La Quinta, we have a culture by which we are never satisfied. It doesn’t matter how well we have done something in the past or how well we may do it today, our goal is to continually improve. Our operating philosophy is very simple:
- Take care of our employees
- Take care of our guests
- Keep the hotels spotlessly clean and well maintained
Everything we do at La Quinta truly revolves around our people, our product and our service.
We work just as hard to create a work environment that’s equally inviting and with many benefits:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision coverage
- Paid vacation
- Tuition reimbursement
- Discounted hotel stay at all of our locations
- Flex Spending account plans