Get new similar jobs by email for
Mabbett & Associates, Inc. (Mabbett®), is seeking a self-motivated environmental professional to support site assessment and remediation projects. As a member of the Site Assessment and Remediation Group, this position will serve the commercial, private and federal sectors from initial Phase I environmental site assessments through remedial investigations, feasibility studies, remediation system design, installation, system operation and long-term maintenance and monitoring support. This role will provide the opportunity to work with a wide variety of clients, from local manufacturers to complex high-visibility Brownfield redevelopment projects.
· Bachelor's degree in Geology;
· Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in site assessment and remediation under CERCLA, RCRA, or state regulatory programs;
· Environmental monitoring and sampling experience;
· Subsurface investigation experience involving direct push
conventional drilling techniques;
· OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER and 8-hour refresher certification;
· Red Cross First Aid, CPR, and AED Certified;
· Excellent writing and personal communication skills;
· Remedial system monitoring and operations experience;
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office® products: Word, Access, and Excel
· Must possess or be able to obtain, as a minimum, OMB Position of Public Trust and Federal Protective Services Favorable designations (pass a federal background check). Other clearance requirements for access to federal facilities may be necessary, and will be addressed on a case-by-case basis for work on federal projects and sites.
· Mechanical aptitude; and
· Ability to travel, work in the field, work outdoors, and lift and carry items weighing up to 60 lbs.
The position will require involvement in all aspects of site assessment and remediation projects, including soil and groundwater sampling, monitoring well installation, remedial systems operation and maintenance, data management, and report preparation.
The successful candidate will work with project managers and senior management to execute remedial investigations, implement groundwater monitoring programs and operate subsurface treatment systems.
This position will be based in Bedford, Massachusetts or Providence, Rhode Island. Work may also include specific project opportunities on a short-term basis throughout the US.
About the Firm
Mabbett & Associates, Inc. (Mabbett®) is an award winning and internationally recognized firm that is currently celebrating 33 years of service to manufacturing and commercial industry, government agencies and institutions. Mabbett is a U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Center for Veterans Enterprise, Verified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business. The firm provides an exceptional employee benefits program, advancement potential, and a progressive and challenging work environment. The firm is a Veteran Friendly and Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, visit the firm’s website at www.mabbett.com.