Cvent is looking for a Director of Information Security to join our rapidly growing enterprise. This is a senior management position within the Technology Department, with complete ownership of information security across the enterprise – both our online Internet presence and physical sites. We are a PCI Level 1 Service Provider, with a focus on maintaining an aggressive information security posture. The Director of Information Security is charged with understanding and guiding the enterprise through the challenges, risks and threats inherent in building a premier, software as a service brand.
The scope of responsibility includes:
- Scaling Cvent’s Information Security team and infrastructure in line with enterprise growth.
- Articulating an enterprise security strategy to employees and key external stakeholders.
- Directing web application security across all products and acquisitions.
- Owning the enterprise’s portfolio of security systems and services.
- Championing information security awareness across the enterprise, as well as to customers and prospects.
- Overseeing domestic and international compliance, privacy and audit requirements.
Skills/Qualifications we are seeking:
- We are hiring candidates based on demonstrated knowledge more than years of experience; however, the ideal candidate is likely to have a minimum of 10 years of relevant and progressively developing information security experience. Candidates with less than 10 years of experience, but who can demonstrate both information security aptitude and management depth, are encouraged to apply.
- Proven experience managing and growing teams, and leveraging technology to scale employee productivity.
- Exposure to relevant domestic and international privacy and security standards and best practices such as PCI DSS, ISO/IEC 27000-series, and SSAE 16.
- Relevant, industry recognized security certification such as CISSP or CISM.
- Absolute trustworthiness with high standards of personal integrity; willingness to undergo vetting and personality assessment.
- An appropriate degree of technical depth, including understanding of relevant concepts such as TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP and HTTP.
- Experience with vulnerability assessment tools such as nessus, nmap, metasploit, and paros.
- Understanding of malware such as worms, virii, and trojans.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent; Master's preferred
Cvent, Inc.(www.cvent.com) is the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software for meetings and event management. Our platform of products includes software to manage and facilitate online event registration, meeting site selection, event management, e-mail marketing and web surveys. We also develop mobile apps for both corporate and consumer events. Founded in 1999, we currently have 1,400+ talented and dedicated employees and are headquartered just outside of Washington, D.C., in McLean, Virginia, with additional U.S. offices in Portland, Oregon; Austin, Texas, and Los Angeles, California. Internationally we have offices in New Delhi, India, and London, England. Cvent has received a number of awards and honors recognizing our strong company culture, innovative products, stellar customer service and support, visionary leadership and investment in our employees. We currently have job openings across all departments and locations and are looking to add valuable team members to further strengthen the company’s DNA.