Position Summary: Primarily responsible for providing leadership and guidance to Call Center Personnel regarding company benefits, payroll, conflict resolution, and complaint research & resolution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and process employee paperwork, benefits, and payroll data with CapTel Human Resource Coordinator.
- Provide company policies, procedures, & employee benefits training to all new hires.
- Assist with the development and reinforcement of Call Center policies and procedures as they relate to Human Resources (i.e. good working environment, meeting individual needs, employee retention, and company goals).
- Track/coordinate Captioning Assistant (CA) 90-day & 180-day performance reviews.
- Assist CA Supervisors in monitoring CA attendance by providing them with updated attendance records and issuing violations on behalf of Supervisors as needed.
- Provide disciplinary guidelines for all policy violations to CA Supervisors, including but not limited to implementation and processing of final written warnings, suspensions, and terminations of employees as necessary.
- Assist CA Supervisors by providing guidance and support in the areas of handling various personnel issues, including but not limited to disciplining CA’s when expectations are not met and improving personnel relations as necessary.
- Handle employee relations, which include but are not limited to answering general personnel questions, dealing with employee personal problems as they relate to job performance, and addressing personnel complaints regarding the company, their supervisor, or their co-workers.
- Log all personnel complaints and track resolutions in order to provide feedback to administration regarding both satisfactory and unsatisfactory working conditions.
- Communicate with appropriate parties when employees are terminated or resign.
- Assist Call Center Manager in developing motivational incentives for increasing and maintaining positive employee morale, including but not limited to organization of employee events such as food days, food drives, Halloween Contests, etc.
- Assist with recruiting activities when needed.
- Maintain a positive work environment by providing daily support and assistance.
- Act as primary person of responsibility for the entire Captioning facility when appropriate.
- Attend job-appropriate meetings and training sessions.
- Sign and abide by the CapTel Call Center’s Oath of Confidentiality, even after employment is terminated.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have at least 1-2 years of management and/or human resource generalist experience. Certification or education with Human Resources emphasis preferred.
- Familiarity with federal and state employment legislation
- Knowledgeable in all stages of recruitment process.
- Call Center experience beneficial but not required
- Ability to work with varying individuals objectively and make judgment calls and decisions on the spot
- Ability to coach others to handle and resolve conflicts
- Strong people skills – ability to both listen and communicate effectively
- Calm/relaxed demeanor
- Strong organizational skills and a high amount of attention to detail
- Comfortable and familiar with computers and new technology