Get new similar jobs by email for
Sr Network Security Engineer
Knowledge Consulting Group (KCG) is one of the largest privately held cybersecurity services firms in the United States; serving as a Federal Government Contractor and supporting Commercial customers. We operate as a trusted cyber advisor to our customers across the country. We take great pride in maintaining a single focus on being the leader in cybersecurity services, providing risk management, governance, operations, and compliance services, utilizing our CISO framework methodology. We are uniquely positioned as a trusted cyber advisor with over 90 percent of our cyber professionals holding security clearances and security-specific certifications. With over 12 years of experience in providing cybersecurity services to our customers, we have a strong record of past performance in advising and executing cyber missions for all types of organizations and sectors.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
Candidate will be supporting HRSA security engineering tasks to include troubleshooting servers and workstations, configuring and managing client IDS/IPS, Archsight SIEM, and Netwitness security appliance. Candidate will also be supporting security engineering tasks associated with the securtiy of ports, protocols and services and cybersecurity incident response/forensics support through the use of Forensic Took Kit, (FTK) and EnCase.
Solid understanding of the incident response processes such as handling and preserving data, reverse engineering malware, identifying malware points of entry and remediating infected systems.
1. Five+ years of experience in Information Security and with the use of security devices.
2. One of the following certifications required: Certified Information Security Professionals (CISSP), GIAC Certified Penetration Tester (GPEN), or GIAC Certified Web Application Penetration Tester (GWAPT)
3. Experience with Arcsight configuration and management or other SEIM.
4. Experience with Tippingpoint IDS/IPS technologies.
5. Experience with Fire Eye technology preferred.
6. Experience with troubleshooting in an Active Directory environment. A solid understanding of Windows 2003/2008 Server, Windows 7, Windows XP, the Microsoft registry and remote administration. IPv6 experience a plus.
7. Experience with workstation hardware required. Experience with workstation forensics processes, such as imaging drives logically and physically. Experience mounting a drive image and using tools such as FTK to diagnose problems.
8. Solid experience with TCP/IP protocols and ports. Preferably firewall and ACL experience.
9. Netwitness experience is a plus but experience with sniffers (Wireshark) required.
10. Guidance Encase and Cybersecurity experience a plus.
In addition to the above-referenced skill sets, a successful candidate shall have the following skills:
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to act as a resource for, provide customer service in a courteous manner to, and work effectively with diverse groups of people at various levels within an organization. Writing skills sufficient to compose and edit a variety of documents using correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation, with the ability to pay close attention to detail and proofread work carefully.
• Strong organizational skills sufficient to prioritize work and complete assignments accurately, either independently or as part of a team, under pressure of competing deadlines and with frequent interruptions, working from own initiative and/or following direction, policies, or procedures. Independently establish priorities and coordinate and complete assignments within established timeframes.
• Ability to identify customer needs and use analytical and decision-making skills to offer options and resolve problems in a variety of contexts
Ability to effectively communicate technical issues, identify technical gaps, and the root cause or systemic issues across the agency
Strong verbal and written communication skills are highly preferred. It is highly desirable that candidates possess strong interpersonal skills. Candidates must be fluent in the English language.
Candidates may be asked to provide a writing sample.
Knowledge Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
If interested in the position, please apply directly through our website:
If you have questions or have trouble applying, you may contact: email@example.com.