- Excellent oral and written communication skills, capable of communicating technical and security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff.
- In-depth background in LANs/WANs, Internet technology, experience in routing and network protocols (especially TCP/IP), and various aspects of telephony (T1/T3, Frame Relay, ISDN, etc.).
- Experience with firewalls to include CISCO ASA, McAfee Web Gateway,Sidewinder, and IPS.
- Experience with McAfee ePO, Anti-virus, and DLP technologies.
- A sound working knowledge of computer network operations in a complex Microsoft Windows, UNIX (Solaris)/LINUX (Redhat), Cisco, Ethernet, and TCP/IP environment with Internet access.
- Experience and understanding of TCP/IP open networking protocols is essential; knowledge of SSL/TLS and IPSEC is an advantage.
- Must have an understanding of the various types of firewall gateways and their design, configuration and management.
- Experience with developing, maintaining and analyzing adequate audit trails and logs that demonstrate the effective security of systems and networks and that ensure adequate information is available to facilitate investigation of security related incidents. Experience with McAfee ePO, Sidewinder firewalls, McAfee IPS, Snort IDS, ArcSight SIM/SIEM, and Niksun are preferred.
- PKI experience.
- Knowledge of various forms of encryption and hashing technologies.
- Must be willing and able to do moderate lifting, (10-80 Lbs. average)
- The main responsibilities of the position are risk management (profiling and managing the prevention, detection, containment and correction of security breaches), policy and practices development and implementation, execution of compliance plan, and awareness training.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Top Secret clearance is required w/ the ability to get SCI w/ CI Poly.
Must possess 5 years related experience; BS degree is preferred but not required.
Experience with the installation/administration/troubleshooting/engineering of network security technologies to include enterprise anti-virus, firewalls, intrusion detection and intrusion prevention systems (IDSs/IPSs), web-proxy/internet monitoring and filtering solutions, security information event manager (SIEM) solutions, network/OS/application/databse vulnerability scanners, virtual private networks (VPNs), packet-capture, netflow analysis, and/or load balancing technologies. CISSP is preferrred but not mandatory.
Required experience installing, troubleshooting, and managing firewalls; and performing detailed network traffic analysis. Preferred experience with CISCO ASA firewalls. Preferred experience with McAfee solutions (Web Gateway, Sidewinders, ePO). Experience with the following a plus, but not required: ArcSight, Nessus, AppDetective, and NIKSUN
Senior level position…must be able to lead a team of security Administrators (1 other), establish standard operating procedures, and communicate (verbally and written) with senior Gov't IT OPS and IT Security professionals.