Enter your email address below to receive jobs like this sent to your email.
Global Building Services, Inc.
Global Building Services, Inc.
Years of Experience
1+ to 2 Years
High School or equivalent
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
2,000.00 - 3,000.00 $ /month
About the Job
Job Purpose: Serves customers by providing housekeeping services; directing staff.
Duties: * Accomplishes housekeeping human resource strategies by determining accountabilities; communicating and enforcing values, policies, and procedures; implementing recruitment, selection, orientation, training, coaching, counseling, disciplinary, and communication programs; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation strategies.
* Develops housekeeping organizational strategies by contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
* Develops housekeeping financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
* Promotes housekeeping quality initiatives by conducting inspections; reviewing guest interviews; gaining feedback from meetings; enforcing quality and customer service standards; analyzing and resolving quality and customer service issues; implementing innovative methods of delivery services to customers.
* Provides housekeeping management information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
* Improves housekeeping quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
* Avoids legal challenges by understanding current and proposed legislation; enforcing regulations; recommending new procedures; complying with legal requirements.
* Updates housekeeping job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices.
* Enhances housekeeping services department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills/Qualifications: Quality Management, Staffing, People Management, Developing Budgets, Planning, People Skills, Customer Focus, Analyzing Information, Process Improvement, Legal Compliance, Verbal Communication
Applicant must be Bilingual (fluent in Spanish and English) and have experience in janitorial floor care and facilities maintenance.
Basic knowledge requirements include but are not limited to;
Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
Gather and empty trash.
Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
Steam-clean or shampoo carpets.
Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors.
Clean and sweep parking lot.
Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs.
Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
Must be able to meet the physical and mental requirements of the position
Must be able to travel
Must have reliable transportation, valid drivers license and insurance
Must be bilingual
Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office including but not limited to Microsoft outlook.
Must have great written and oral communication skills.