If you are looking for the opportunity to leap forward in your career, we are seeking a motivated software designer/developer to be a part of a dynamic team working with business requirements and developing applications for our iconic brand of products! You will be a key Software Engineer in the development and implementation of .NET based solutions, throughout the life-cycle of our projects, and will have significant interaction with key client personnel.
- Job Diversity – Opportunity to work on a variety of development projects, architect systems, support/troubleshoot applications, etc. for enterprise-level systems.
- Visibility – Reporting directly to Manager, eCommerce & Branch systems, opportunity to interact with departments/key players.
- Recognized leader - Rated #1 in industry and one of America’s Great Brands.
- Education – We expect you to maintain currency in your technical skills by attending training and seminars as needed.
CHECK OUT OUR VIRTUAL PLANT TOUR,
LOCATED IN THE AMAZING VIRGINIA BEACH AREA!
- Analyze business needs and document requirements.
- Demonstrate proficiency in authoring feasibility/analysis documentation and in creating development specifications.
- Develop software solutions satisfying development specifications and/or user requirements.
- Will work with all project team members, support groups, vendors, suppliers, and upper management.
- May informally supervise junior staff and report to senior management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science, an Information Systems related discipline or related experience.
- 5+ years of experience in supporting software development life cycle methodologies for developing business applications.
- 3+ years of experience with .NET programming including writing and debugging .NET applications.
- Experience writing web services and clients is a plus.
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot web site designs and code fixes for identified problems.
- Experience with Java programming including writing and debugging JSP, UI and backend Java applications is a nice to have.
- Minimal travel required (less than 2 weeks per year).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of tools including Microsoft Access, Project and Visio.
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and organizational skills.
A sample of technologies needed to be successful in this role:
- .NET, C#, Visual basic
- XML, XSLT, HTML, CSS
- SQL Language and Data Modeling
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Structured Systems Analysis
- Internet Development Architecture and Design
Are you ready to join a company with competitive compensation
and superb benefits?
Power up your Career with STIHL!
To apply, visit www.stihlcareers.com
EOE / Drug Free Workplace