KMS Solutions, LLC is a professional services firm focused n providing solutions for the US Federal Government. These positions are contingent on government acceptance of the KMS offered solution and the individuals qualificaitons. We are currently seeking individuals fluent in Pashto/Dari and English to fill CAT II and CAT III Linguist positions at both US and overseas locations.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Provide foreign language support services, including transcription, and translation / interpretation (comprising idiomatic translations of non-technical material using correct syntax and expression from English to the SCRL language(s) or vice versa) services in support of military interrogations, intelligence collection, and other operational missions.
• Provide any and all cultural and ethnic context of translations, interpretations, and transcriptions with an expert linguist's opinion given to the supported organization or agency as to the most likely meaning/intent of terms, phrases, or statements that may have multiple valid interpretations.
• Perform document exploitation, scan, research, and analyze foreign language documents and intercepted data for key information; and must be able to supplement interpretations and translations with information pertinent and specific to professional fields; such as medicine, scientific, engineering, legal, etc. and identify and extract information components meeting military information requirement list criteria as well as provide input to reports
Education, Experience, & Requirements
• Requires 2 years experience as a linguist, living/working in hostile environments
• Requires experience working with Special Operations; preferred 2 years of experience working with Special Operations
• Requires High School degree, GED, or equivalent; some college work or college degree preferred
• Interagency Language Round Table (ILR) level 3 in Target Language and an advanced working proficiency in English (ILR level 2+ based on the DLPT 4) is required.
• Preferred native language proficiency in Target Language
• Must be able to understand the essentials of all speech in a standard dialect and to follow accurately the essentials of conversations between educated native speakers, understand radio broadcasts, news stories similar to wire service reports, oral reports, some oral technical reports and public addresses on non-technical subjects.
• Must be able to produce idiomatic translations of non-technical material using correct syntax and expression from English to target language and vice versa.
• Must be able to interpret/translate using colloquial and slang words and phrases.
• Must be able to conduct consecutive and accurate translations, transcription, and interpretation of on-going conversations/activities and intelligence activities to/from Target Language.
• Must be a U.S. citizen
• Must be willing to relocate
• Must be willing to work and live in hostile environments
• Requires Secret or Top Secret clearance