Get new similar jobs by email for
Lead Linux Systems Administrat...
This individual will join the Linux team, participating in administration of the Linux environment, integration of licensed and/or OEM software packages as well as all strategic and tactical planning of the environment required to meet -specific business needs. The individual filling this role will also be expected to deliver excellent customer service and to interact in a highly effective manner with other team members and management.
Tasks and responsibilities
* Implement and maintain enterprise class Linux solutions that support systems such as ERP and WebSphere.
* Design and implement a tool set that simplifies provisioning and support of a large enterprise Linux environment.
* Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture to design and review architectural decision documents.
* Strong focus on design, build, deployment, security, system hardening and securing services.
* Plan and execute major platform software and operating system upgrades and maintenance across a highly virtualized environment.
* Create and maintain detailed up-to-date technical documentation.
* Manage the planning, implementation, and upgrade of OEM packages.
* Proactively manage system resources to assure maximum system performance and appropriate additional capacity for peak periods and growth.
* Plan, configure and implement features on the Linux platform that improve availability, response time, and monitoring of key system metrics.
* Provide support to the user community using incident and problem management tools, email, and voicemail.
* Serve as a mentor and provide guidance and training to other team members and I.S. personnel.
* Periodic off-hours work required including weekends and holidays. Must be able to provide 24 by 7 on-call support as necessary.
* Participation in off-site DR tests and occasional travel will be required.
* Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and standards.
Required skills, abilities, and certifications
Minimum of 8 years of IT experience to include at least 5years of Red Hat Linux experience in an enterprise environment.
* Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) or higher certification or equivalent engineering experience.
* Developing and documenting standard operating procedures and best practices in a technical repository.
* Proven experience designing, building, and deploying hardened enterprise Linux environments.
* Proven experience reviewing and comparing multiple platform options for a given application and collaborating with appropriate teams to choose the right platform.
* Demonstrated ability in Systems Management and Administration (applying fixes, loading the OS, creating Gold images, resolving system issues, working with vendors to resolve issues, etc).
* Proven ability to plan, install and integrate software packages (OEM, OS, etc.).
* Experience in System Backup and Recovery (Commvault experience preferred, but not required).
* Proven expertise in Performance Tuning and Capacity Planning.
* Understanding of Configuration Management and Change Management Best Practices.
* Strong scripting ability in the shell.
* Excellent trouble shooting skills and the ability to logically think through problem situations.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Proven ability to partner with others in the area or company to deliver quality solutions.
* Able to work effectively and produce consistent results with a minimum of supervision. Self-motivated, responsible, conscientious, and detail-oriented.
* Able to work well under pressure and handle crisis situations professionally.
FT with Fortune 500 company. Pls respond with the resume.