Web.com (Nasdaq: WWWW) is an industry leading provider of website building tools, online marketing, lead generation and e-commerce solutions for the small business market. Over one million small businesses rely on Web.com every day to drive their marketing efforts. Hundreds of millions of dollars of e-commerce transactions are enabled by Web.com each year. At Web.com we work hard, have fun, and value each other’s contributions toward a common purpose – enabling small businesses to succeed online.
The Unix Administrator provides day-to-day technical support for Web.com production environment and systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Performs administration of Unix/Linux based machines in a large multi-domain environment.
· Familiarity with most basic system administration tools and processes; for example, can boot/shutdown a machine, add and remove user accounts, use backup programs and verify disk integrity, maintain system database files (groups, hosts, aliases).
· Unix Administrators should have a fundamental understanding of a UNIX-based operating system; for example, understands job control, soft and hard links, distinctions between the kernel and the shell.
· Familiarity with networked/distributed computing environment concepts; for example, can use the route command, add a workstation to a network, and mount remote filesystems.
· Ability to write scripts in some administrative language (Tk, Perl, a shell, vbscript, etc.).
· Review error and audit logs.
· Perform system restores and form backups as necessary.
· Has a solid understanding of Intel-based server hardware, including RAID configuration.
· Monitors system performance.
· Troubleshoot and analyze cause of performance problems.
· Works on problems of moderate scope.
· Exercises judgment using procedures and practices to determine appropriate course of action.
· Assist in the distribution of newly developed software, features, changes, etc to production machines.
· Perform preventive maintenance on servers.
· Perform migrations of customer data as needed to maintain balanced loads on systems.
· Perform on-call duties as required.
· Must have 1-3 years of Linux systems engineering/administration experience.
· Must have Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
· Experience with project management, product development, change control, and/or technical support is beneficial.
· Great interpersonal and written communication skills are essential.
· Experience with Linux, Unix, FreedBSD, BSDi, SGI, Solaris, perl, C/C++, Apache, sendmail, Qmail, DNS, TCP/IP, SQL, and Red Hat experience is a must.
We strive to be innovative and unique in all services we provide both to customers and employees, including our benefits and perks.
We provide a comprehensive Executive healthcare package for you and your eligible dependents. Plus we offer dental and vision coverage, on-site health screenings, health club membership discounts, financial and savings programs.
· Health Care FSA
· Dependent Care FSA
· 401(k) Plan
· Paid Time off
· Holiday Pay
· Employee assistance program:
· Employee Referral Bonus
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Travel Assistance
· Banking relationships
Other Great Benefits:
Halloween, and Holiday party, a yearly health fair. A variety of Discounts to theme parks, cellular services, etc. An informal culture, characterized by casual dress and flexible hours (when possible)
Become a fan on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Web.com
Follow us on Twitter:http://twitter.com/webdotcom