Opus is partnering with an established Virginia financial institution to recruit for a Mortgage Loan Officer.
- Responsible for assisting members in obtaining first mortgage loans including FHA and VA.
- Assist in developing and maintaining business relationships with builders and realtors.
- Obtains and maintains all pertinent documents for processing.
|Duties and Responsibilities:|
- Interviews and screens members for new first mortgage loans including purchase and refinance transactions.
- Assist members with understanding the home ownership process or other related mortgage products, including conventional and government lending programs.
- Present home ownership programs and seminars as well as assist in the creation of marketing strategies for developing mortgage relationships with members.
- Regularly communicate with members regarding application status and current interest rates.
- Conducts preliminary underwriting reviews to assess if the member meets secondary market standards or bank guidelines and submits applications to processing and underwriting.
- Assists processors in obtaining information for timely processing of all mortgage loans. Verify and obtain supporting application information including, but not limited to, verifying employment history and if applicable, deposit information or other documentation related to the application.
- Comply with Regulations B, X and Z regarding the completion of required disclosures including, but not limited to, the Good Faith Estimate, Truth in Lending, Potential Transfer of Servicing Form, and if required, the Adverse Action form.
- Promotes mortgage loans at branch locations, finance seminars, and cross sells other financial services options such as consumer lending, investment services, property and casualty insurance, title and settlement services, and realtor relationships.