Are you are leader who possesses a passion for high speed machining and tight tolerances? If so, we have an awesome opportunity!
- Leadership – Run the 1st shift as your business, manufacturing millions of precision machined parts. CHECK OUT OUR VIRTUAL PLANT TOUR,
- Visibility – Newly created position, professional will be able to forge their own path.
- Challenge – Work with Machining Engineers, Leads, Scheduling, and other Production departments to create new and innovative solutions which ultimately will increase volume and quality.
- Quality of Life – CHECK IT OUT: LOCATED IN THE AMAZING VIRGINIA BEACH AREA!
Reporting directly to the Machining Unit Manager, the Machining Supervisor:
- Directs, supervises and coordinates set-ups and operations in order to provide economical part/product manufacturing that meets quality, quantity, schedule and cost requirements.
- Organizes and assigns work, utilizing available skills, knowledge and experience, labor hours, machines and tooling most efficiently in order to obtain the most favorable machining costs, quality and workmanship.
- Provides regular training, instruction, guidance and close surveillance on set-up procedures and machining operations.
- Maintains and improves department KPIs.
- Leads continuous improvement efforts such as Kaizen events, Team oriented maintenance and 5S initiatives.
- Analyzes and diagnoses machining and fixture problems, machine malfunctions, etc., to expedite and coordinate corrective and preventive procedures and to prevent excessive downtime and interrupted schedules.
- Works with Machining Engineers, Leads, Scheduling, and other Production departments to assist with work simplification, cost reduction, new tooling and methods, labor hour planning, scheduling, machine repairing and maintenance.
- Develops new processes and initiates process improvements.
- Maintains appropriate levels of labor in accordance with skill requirements, work levels and schedules, labor hour and training programs.
- Maintains conformance with STIHL Inc. employee and safety rules and regulations, issues STIHL Inc. policy violation warnings and administers approved disciplinary measures when necessary.
- BS Degree in a related field required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience supervising a high volume/speed Production CNC Machining Department.
- Strong technical knowledge of CNC Machines including troubleshooting, startups, operation and maintenance.
- Basic understanding of CMM machines and programming.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting techniques using 8D and 5Y methodologies.
- Knowledge of quality standards such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001 etc.
Are you ready to join a company with competitive compensation,
extensive relocation assistance and superb benefits?
Power up your Career with STIHL!
To apply, visit www.stihlcareers.com
EOE / Drug Free Workplace