Ocean Spray believes that our employees are our best assets and we offer an environment where you can work with exceptionally smart, innovative, passionate teams that are motivated to deliver Ocean Spray products around the world.
This position is located at our Middleboro Manufacturing Facility in Middleboro, MA which is the largest manufacturer of Sweetened Dried Cranberries, also known as Craisins®, at Ocean Spray.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will perform a variety of electrical trade functions in accordance with local and national electrical codes.
- Will install, troubleshoot and repair any electrical or mechanical system as required.
- Will be required to troubleshoot and repair all processing and packing equipment as well as all plant mechanical equipment, pneumatic, hydraulic, steam, water and waste systems.
- May use a variety of machinist’s hand tools, precision hand tools and measuring instruments used for setting up and operating automatic and
manual machine shop equipment.
- Maintain aseptic readiness of equipment and surrounding area.
- Operates, maintains, cleans, adjusts, and performs routine maintenance including lubrication, PM’s and changeover assistance as required.
- Must maintain accurate maintenance, production, quality and operational records as required.
- May develop, write and maintain JSAs, CBMs, PMs and WOs for both electrical and mechanical equipment using the facility’s computer systems and CMMS system.
- Will schedule, plan materials, tools, etc. for PMs and WOs utilizing the facility’s CMMS system.
- May perform quality and sensory tests as required for production.
- Must understand the operation and capabilities of all operational equipment for the purpose of troubleshooting and relieving other operators.
- May be required to attend and train the Trainer Program to become certified and be an internal training resource.
- Will be required to perform other general duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Will support and may supervise other Maintenance Specialists and/or other maintenance crafts as required.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
- Must possess Massachusetts Electrician Journeyman’s license and strong knowledge in mechanical systems.
- Will be capable of reading, interpreting, and applying such understanding of electrical/mechanical blueprints and drawings.
- Should have a working knowledge of common metal properties and selection of proper standard materials for replacement parts for all plant equipment.
- Will possess ability to communicate with Service Technicians, R&D, Quality, Engineering.
- Will interact with vendors and suppliers and transfer that knowledge on to peers, operators, and into formal documentation.
- Will become forklift certified.