Get new similar jobs by email for
GCA Services Group, Inc. is a leading national provider of quality facility services, including janitorial/custodial services, contamination control for cleanroom manufacturing, facilities operations and maintenance, grounds management, in-sourced production staffing and labor management, diversified staffing, and more.
With over 32,000 employees in 47 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico, GCA serves a variety of sectors, including manufacturing, corporate office buildings, high-tech, bio-pharmaceutical, nuclear power, energy & utilities, defense, K-12 schools, higher education, the rental car market, and others. Our clients include numerous Fortune 100 companies.
GCA's management team is recognized as one of the strongest and most experienced in the industry.
JOB SUMMARY: The General Maintenance Technician is expected to perform a wide variety of duties to maintain, repair and install equipment and physical structures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
1. Completes corrective and preventive work orders as assigned.
2. Performs minor electrical repairs, installations and maintenance. Tasks to include (but not limited to) replacement of wall switches, outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs, ballasts, transformers, sockets and fuses.
3. Performs minor plumbing maintenance, repair, and installation. Tasks to include repairing of leaks in water supplies, drains, faucets and laboratory fixtures. Clears obstructions from drain lines.
4. Performs minor HVAC maintenance and repairs. Tasks to include filter replacement, belt changes and greasing of bearings.
5. Performs minor carpentry repairs. Tasks to include repairs to masonry, woodwork, walls and furnishings, patches or replaces plaster/plaster board, paints walls and ceilings and trim, cuts and lays flooring (linoleum, tile, carpet, etc...).
6. Performs periodic standard inspections and preventative maintenance on tools and equipment.
7. Ability to operate motor vehicles and poor tools safely and effectively
8. Ability to understand specifications, blueprints, manuals and schematic drawings for installation, maintenance and repair of structures and equipment is preferred.
9. Supports Special Events when necessary by moving tables, chairs, bleachers and similar activities.
10. Provide excellent customer service.
11. Responds to emergency situations during and after hours.
12. Other similar responsibilities...
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one year related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Requires maintenance experience including plumbing and electrical
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos, Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees or the organization.
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
May require valid state driver's license.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical requirements for this job could be lifting packages up to 90 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Appropriate equipment will be provided for lifting over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee frequently works in high, precarious places and in outside weather conditions and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
A criminal background check, results of which are not necessarily a bar to employment, and a drug screen are required.