Get new similar jobs by email for
Distributed Systems Engineer -...
Distributed Systems Engineer - Cloud Infrastructure
Location: Seattle, WA
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Experienced
There are those that use the cloud and there are those that build the cloud - you are one of the builders. You have a passion for designing and implementing distributed systems. You have deep knowledge of server hardware, operating systems, virtual machines, storage systems, information security and the networks in-between. You are critical in building customer trust by designing security into everything you build. You know how to build services that scale-out, are lightning fast, fail-fast, have no single points of failure and are easily managed. You understand that only by building rich metrics into your services that you get the visibility needed to understand the operational characteristics of your running services. You excel when working in small, dynamic, and fast-paced teams. Your self-driven attitude helps you thrive in unstructured environments. You are accomplished at what you do, and long for the chance to work on a mix of bold innovations that will push boundaries and change the way millions of people interact with technology. You are one of us.
We are a diverse group of entrepreneurially-minded engineers working on raising the bar for modern productivity and collaboration. The Innovation Studio we've built affords us the flexibility and the excitement of an early-stage startup environment, without the funding challenges or all-or-nothing risk that comes from a singular product focus. We’re a smart, social, and passionate team, looking for other fearless adventurers to join us on our journey.
· Design and build scalable cloud services that will support millions of clients and applications
· Experience in building out a cloud infrastructure that includes load balancers, platform QoS strategies, content delivery networks and virtual private networks
· Leverage both bare metal and cloud platforms to deliver best-in-class hybrid solutions
· Design reliable service architectures to maintain tight SLAs. Continuous improvement of SLAs a must.
· Design and build supporting network and security subsystems
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent
· 3+ years building distributed systems on any one of the cloud platforms: VMware, Hyper-V, Xen, OpenStack, CloudStack, AWS or Azure
· Advanced understanding of performance optimization in a Linux environment
· Understand fault models and able to design fault-tolerant distributed systems
· The ability to use intelligence monitoring, scripting and tools
· Experience developing on distributed storage systems
· Experience developing and fine-tuning low-latency distributed systems
· Experience developing SaaS platform APIs and SDKs
· Experience with distributed version control like Git, Bazaar, Mercurial
· Self-driven to take challenges head-on and achieve goals
· Excel at working in small, dynamic and fast-paced groups
· Familiar with agile software development process
· Masters in Computer Science or equivalent
· Experience architecting SaaS platforms
· Experience with storage platforms including NetApp, EMC, IBM, HP, & Dell Compellent