Skip to job description
Skip to job tools
GET SIMILAR JOBS BY EMAIL.
Thank you for your interest in the Medical Assistant.
To begin the application process, please enter your information below.
Invalid email address
Invalid email address
By applying to a job using Monster.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the Monster
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website.
Lakewood, CA 90712
Years of Experience
2+ to 5 Years
High School or equivalent
10.00 - 17.00 USD /year
Job Reference Code
Back Front 4
About the Job
Helps patients by providing business office and clinical assistance in the offices of busy urology practice.
* Welcomes patients by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
* Ideal candidate is bilingual in Spanish language.
** Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; reviewing and/or recording medical history;confirming purpose of visit or treatment.
** Verifies insurance information and eligibility; if HMO, confirms authorization status. Completes and updates patient demographic infomation in computer.
** Has ability to multi-task in busy medical office. This position requires a calm, compassionate yet upbeat person to coordinate the check-in area and assist in back office as needed.
**Acts in back office as an MA, asisting the physician with exams and preparing rooms per OSHA/State of California laboratory guidelines.
* Completes records by verifying if any recent test results are in chart for doctor to review.
* Generates revenues by recording billing information of services rendered; completing insurance forms;
responding to insurance and other third-party inquiries.
* Helps to answer phones when necessary; triage physician/patient requests.
* Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
* Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping patient care information confidential.
* Serves and protects the physician or health care provider practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
* May need to travel to different clinic locations.
Clinical Skill and Experience, Bilingual Medical Assistant, Beginning Computer Skills, Ability to Multi-Task, Creates a Safe, Effective Environment, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Clinic Environment, Procedural Skills, Documentation Skills, Verbal Communication, Inventory Control, Planning, Dependability, Medical Teamwork; valid driver's license and up-to-date insurance.
Your information may be shared with the company.
Report this job
Back to Job Search Results