Get new similar jobs by email for
Carolinas IT, Inc. is a professional technology services firm based in Raleigh, North Carolina. Founded in 1996, the Company provides on demand computer networking infrastructure and support to business clients. We partner with organizations to guide and support them in the use of technology to meet their business objectives. Our flexible catalog of offerings ranges from a cloud based, fully outsourced and managed network, to on-call, on-site support on an as-needed basis. Simply stated, CIT designs, implements, and supports business computer networking systems.
We have an open position for a Microsoft Systems Engineer who can work as part of our team providing support and project work for clients primarily in the central North Carolina area. The successful candidate must possess the intelligence, energy, and force necessary to succeed in a fast paced environment. He/she must be dedicated to excellence, organized, professional, and personable while providing outstanding service to our clients.
Our Raleigh location is near the NC State Campus on Hillsborough Street, which is conveniently located and offers quick access most customer sites. Travel time to most clients is less than an hour. As a company, we are partners with Microsoft, Citrix, VMWare, Symantec, NetApp, and a Cisco Premier Partner with multiple specializations. We are also an authorized VAR for Lenovo, HP, IBM, Palo Alto, 3Com, WatchGuard, and many other products.
We assist our clients with all phases of the technology lifecycle, from projects involving servers, routers, firewalls, and phone systems, to a complete Managed Service and Service Desk offering. Our goal is to meet and exceed expectations, providing a smooth computing experience that enables clients to focus on their core business. Our proactive approach to network management reduces downtime and offers our clients peace of mind.
· Min 5 Yrs experience as an SE supporting Microsoft Server products directly.
· Virtualization experience using VMWare.
· Microsoft Windows Server installation/management/troubleshooting experience.
· Extensive Understanding of Active Directory advanced concepts.
· Microsoft Exchange Server installation and troubleshooting experience.
· Group Policy creation and use.
· MS Terminal Services experience.
· Strong understanding of networking concepts such as OSI Model, packet architecture, security, authentication.
· Experience in a customer facing support position.
· Proactive and enthusiastic attitude.
· Strong troubleshooting skills.
· Strong communication and customer service skills are essential.
· Professional bearing and manner.
· Very little travel required - Avg less than 2 days/month.
· Must pass background screening.
· Cisco router/switch/firewall experience
· Virtualization experience using VMotion
· High end storage/SAN experience (HP, NetApp, EMC)
The Systems Engineer is responsible for designing and installing networking technologies for clients, as well as providing ongoing support for their networks. The SE configures the equipment and software to meet client business needs and documents the solution for ongoing support. Can function independently or as part of an implementation team on larger projects. May also provide technical support to the sales staff and assist with the design of LAN/WAN-based solutions.
· 24 paid days off per year
· Bonus plan
· Healthcare plans
· Disability insurance
· Life insurance
· 401K retirement plan with match
· Company profit sharing plan
· Technical training library and lab for professional certifications
· Technical training Internet based tutorials
· Reimbursements for: laptop, cell phone, mileage, technical certifications
· Company breakfast on Fridays
· Company casual and family events