Get new similar jobs by email for
Join our Team!
FDSR Job Summary:
Here’s your opportunity to “Work on the bright side®”! La Quinta Inns & Suites®, a leader in the hospitality industry, is currently looking for a seasoned Night Auditor. This position is responsible for conducting all nightly audit-related duties while providing guest service at the hotel’s front desk. Audit responsibilities include nightly balancing duties, daily paperwork and shift reports. While completing these duties, the Night Auditor will attend to guest needs such as guest check-in/check-outs, reservations, PBX and attending to guest questions and needs. This position also sets up the breakfast area each morning according to the La Quinta standards. Other key duties include:
· Process guest registrations, including collecting payment.
· Respond to guest needs, special requests and complaints and alert the appropriate manager as needed.
· Promote, answer questions about and enroll guests in La Quinta’s frequent guest program.
· Perform nightly balancing of in-room video and long distance telephone services.
· Perform nightly backup of server.
· Prepare express checkout folios.
· Maintain room status inventory.
· Perform key inventory.
· Communicate all pertinent shift information to General Manager and other desk staff.
· Maintain and clean the lobby and bathroom as needed.
If you are detail oriented, enjoy being the “go-to-person”, and have a whatever it takes attitude, this is the job for you!
Minimum Experience, Education, Skill & Physical Requirements:
· Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
· Must be flexible in hours and days worked.
· Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
· Must be able to lift 25 – 50 lbs and carry up to 10 lbs.
· Must have sound judgment and discretional skills and be able to work with little or no supervision.
· Must be proficient in the use of common Windows-based computer programs, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Must be able to operate basic office machines, i.e., copier, fax, printer, etc.
· Must display very good organization and time management skills.
· Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with many types of personalities.
Who is La Quinta?
We help brighten the day of our busy, practical, hardworking travelers and help them take care of their business or leisure travel needs. We provide the best hotel rooms, warmest hotel atmosphere and most courteous service in our market segment at every hotel, every night.
Our Goal, it's easy
We want for every guest to wake up on the bright side while staying at our hotel. We offer clean and comfortable guest rooms with a dose of advertising humor to help our guest feel optimistic and happy no matter what the day holds. A great portion of this comes directly from our employees attitudes. And as if that wasn’t enough, we offer our guest free Bright Side™ breakfast, free hi-speed Internet while they stay with us and comfy beds. Many of our properties include pools and well equipped work-out facilities.
What sets us apart?
Every team member plays a vital role in the success of our family and growth. We are not a conglomerate of hotels brands that make decision on panel of “experts”. We make an effort to know all our employees and help them grow through our training program. While we may be one of the largest owner-operators of hotels in North America, we are a family first.
La Quinta is proud to be the only hotel company who has been accepted as a member of AARP’s National Employer Team and the first hotel company certified as an Age Friendly Employer by RetirementJobs.com.
At La Quinta, we have a culture by which we are never satisfied. It doesn’t matter how well we have done something in the past or how well we may do it today, our goal is to continually improve. Our operating philosophy is very simple:
Everything we do at La Quinta truly revolves around our people, our product and our service.
We work just as hard to create a work environment that’s equally inviting and with many benefits: