Get new similar jobs by email for
Calyx Software is a leading provider of loan automation systems for the mortgage industry, with the majority of loan originators using our flagship product as their primary business application. We seek a Product Manager to define requirements for new and existing web-based enterprise products. The product manager will have proven product management skills – an understanding of the relationship between technological advancements and business needs. We are looking for someone who can drive the release plan and have ultimate responsibility for the entire product life cycle – from definition to implementation and launch. The candidate must have solid product management background with exposure to some product marketing skills.
- Work with customers and business partners to draw out, understand, and validate specific customer needs through direct customer contact.
- Conduct market research analyzing market and technology trends as well as product sales patterns.
- Analyze and prioritize customer requests and suggestions.
- Produce market and product specific requirement documents for new product development and existing product enhancements.
- Create screen mock-ups, wireframes, and storyboards to better illustrate specific aspects of the product vision.
- Work closely with product development, project management, and quality assurance to meet and deliver products in timely basis.
- Market test our product proposals through surveys and individual customer interviews.
- Conduct alpha and beta testing with customers, lenders, and vendors.
- Perform competitive analysis and monitor competitive activity.
- Develop and/or maintain a multi-year product roadmap based on customer requirements and industry trends.
- Become the product advocate internally and externally.
- Create and deliver product demos.
- Train sales and support staff on new products and features.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, management information systems, computer sciences or related discipline. MBA is a plus.
- 2+ years of experience in creating product requirements for software applications.
- Experience with line-of-business software and enterprise application integration. Relevant experience in mortgage or financial industries is desirable.
- Expertise in business analysis, use cases, process modeling, business process re-engineering, workflow
- Ability to understand technical concepts and evaluate tradeoffs
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills to distill broad market observations into actionable product plans
- Understanding of how to be a product advocate, to influence and lead peers, executives and customers about their product vision and strategy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to clarify and share product vision within the organization
- Some travel required (less than 10%).
If you are interested in applying for the position, please send an email to PDMEmployment@calyxsoftware.com with an attached resume in MS Word or PDF format. ONLY SF BAY area applicants please. No relocation package is available.