Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Plan, organize and staff key field positions through Human Capital Department, subordinate Project Superintendents, etc.
· Plan, organize and manage materials, equipment and subcontractors.
· Establish project objectives, schedules, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy.
· Initiate and maintain liaison with client and A/E contacts, to facilitate construction activities.
· Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of on-site Superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
· Represent company in project meetings, assist in labor negotiations/strategy meetings, etc.
· Negotiate Change Orders
· Assume additional responsibilities as directed by corporate executives.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college, technical school or university in Engineering, Business Management or Construction Management plus at least 10 years of experience/knowledge of construction, design, finance and management required.; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certified Project Manager preferred.
Ability to read (in English) analyze and respond to technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Complete understanding of cost accounting and percentage complete forecasts a must
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Project Management systems and software; experience with P6, bid 2 win and Viewpoint software systems a plus; Database software; Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software also required.