Quality Manager Job
Quality Manager Job
Date: Jun 15, 2017
Location: Dallas, TX, US, 75211
Company: NCH Corporation
NCH is established, yet growing and we are seeking a Quality Manager to join our Plumbing Products Group (PPG, Inc.). As part of the PPG team, the Quality Manager would be responsible for quality assurance and testing of products in conjunction with and support of the Engineering and Quality teams.
PPG Inc., a subsidiary of NCH, manufactures, sources and markets a broad line of plumbing repair and remodel products through the retail home improvement and hardware channel (Danco Division), as well as a broad line of rough plumbing products sold through the wholesale and OEM channels (LSP Products Division). More information can be found at the company’s web-sites .
- Performs and documents initial supplier qualification audits to ensure compliance with contractual, quality system, company specific, and manufacturing process requirements.
- Assists suppliers with product and process improvements and coordinates improvements with Engineering. Lead and direct a continuous process improvement process incorporating a Corrective Action/Preventive Action (CAPA) program. Performs follow up to root cause and supplier corrective actions.
- Drives and leads first article approvals including APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) and PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) for suppliers. Reviews and approves supplier PPAP submissions to ensure that they are submitted and complete per organizational requirements.
- Responsible for performing incoming inspection activities.
- Maintain and revise quality assurance objectives and quality management system (QMS) complimentary to corporate policies and goals.
- Works with Product Liability and Legal in documenting and testing potential product liability claims.
- Works in conjunction with Engineering and Product Development to review new product designs to assure customer requirements have been met.
- Provides direction to DirectSource (China) Quality personnel to coordinate supplier activities.
- Works directly with Sourcing on execution of changing suppliers and ensures, when required, seamless product migrations to different suppliers.
- Manage personnel and systems to ensure quality records are complete and accurate.
- Other duties may be assigned as required by the PPG Director of Engineering and Quality.
- Complies with all company health, safety and environmental regulations.
- Be aware of safety information related to the supplier’s facilities and processes, such as identifying unique hazards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical with 10 years or more of experience in Engineering and/or Quality.
- 10+ years of supplier quality, quality, manufacturing, and engineering experience. Experience working with Asian suppliers is strongly preferred.
- Training and demonstrated competence in use of PPAP, APQP, D/PFMEA, 8D CAPA, Control Plans, statistical methods, and participation in formal design reviews.
- Extensive knowledge of the following additional manufacturing processes: injection molding, zinc die casting, casting, rubber molding, plating, machining, and forging.
- Proficiency in MS Office software applications. Experience with Solidworks a plus but not required.
- Must be able to read, write, and understand engineering component drawings, assembly drawings, and engineering standards.
- Experience with ISO/Quality System development and implementation.
- Experience in supervising hourly personnel.
- Practical experience working with product liability including failure analysis, testing, and formal documentation.
- Excellent judgment, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with suppliers and internal customers.
- Must have willingness and ability to work in a team based environment and have practical experience as a change agent.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects at one time
- Associate must be able to obtain all necessary visas to travel up to 10% of the time to the China and/or Taiwan.
NCH Corporation offers a competitive salary and bonus package, a full suite of benefits, employee development and recognition programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Engineer, CAPA, Machinist, Product Development, Manager, Engineering, Management, Manufacturing, Research
| ||Quality Manager Job|
| ||NCH Corporation|
| ||Dallas, TX 75211|
| ||Full Time|
| ||Project/Program Management|
| ||Experienced (Non-Manager)|
| ||NCH Corporation|