Must apply online at www.centexobgyn.com/careers
Renaissance Women's Group (Full Time)
12201 Renfert Way
Austin, TX 78758
Position: Registered Nurse (RN)
Report To: Team Lead / Clinical Manager or Coordinator / Physicians
Purpose: Responsible for providing professional nursing care for patients while adhering to established policies and procedures. Responsible for a variety of pre, intra, and post encounter activities related to patient care.
- Manages the daily flow of patients through the office including greeting patients, preparing patients for examination, screening for information, and giving instruction on collection of samples and tests.
- Screens patient calls to the physician; handles all calls that do not require the physician’s intervention, ensuring that phone calls are returned in a timely manner.
- Triage unscheduled patients to the care center and implement appropriate interventions.
- Provides general nursing care, administers prescribed medications, and treats patients according to nursing standards.
- Ensures treatment areas are safe, organized, clean, have well-functioning equipment, and supplies are adequate.
- Assists Physician during examination and treatment of patients.
- Observes, records, and reports patient’s condition to Physician.
- Educates patients and their family about diagnostic procedures, medications, nutrition, and maintenance of health and wellness.
- Maintains and reviews patient’s records and charts post tests and examination results.
- Reviews lab results and notifies Physician of abnormalities and communicates recommended treatment to patient.
- Takes appropriate action for medical and non-medical emergencies occurring within the office.
- Assists in surgery scheduling as needed.
- Promote quality patient care and customer satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills, Education, & Experience:
- Requires Registered Nursing Degree and Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas.
- Requires at least 1 year of professional nursing experience, OB/GYN experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory, regulations and practices to give and evaluate patient care.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish and maintain a safe work environment.
- Possesses a high degree of personal integrity and professionalism.
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal).
- Must have basic computer knowledge.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to handle high patient volume.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and perform other physical demands including walking, reaching, bending, and lifting.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. is required.
- May require ability to climb ladder to retrieve and file patient medical records, and store supplies.
- Must be able to handle difficult situations in a professional manor and maintain confidentiality.