Receptionist, Sales Building
Department: General Administration
Location: Kansas City, MO
Responsible for overall reception area beginning at 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM weekdays. Receives calls and visitors to the Kansas City location, determines nature of business, gives information, directs callers and visitors to their destination, plus performs administrative and clerical work.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- All duties are performed under the general guidance of a manager, but must be able to work without supervision and to make appropriate decisions.
- Maintains prompt and regular attendance.
- Professionally handle a 20-line phone system, requiring excellent telephone etiquette.
- Opens and closes the Reception including lights, computer, copiers, maintaining materials, supplies and records.
- Follows verbal and written communications and communicates effectively with public, customers, co-workers and vendors in a professional and courteous manner both orally and in writing.
- Works in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Manages the reception area to ensure effective telephone, mail, FAX and E-mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image.
- Distributes mail to employees in the Sales building.
- Provides directions effectively to callers coming to our location.
- Collects information, compiles into standard or non-standard format, prints, proofs and distributes to appropriate company personnel.
- Supervises the maintenance of office equipment, including copier, fax machine, mailing machine, and personal computers.
- Maintains inventory and coordinates ordering of all commonly used office supplies.
- Ability to operate office equipment, and independently apply and carry out policies and procedures within assigned area of responsibility.
CORE COMPETNCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Self-starter able to work with little supervision and maintain high productivity.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative and respectful manner with all levels within the organization, from senior management to operating personnel.
- Exceptional customer service skills and professional phone manner.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Excellent planning, organizational skills and priority setting skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Works well in a team environment.
- High School diploma or GED
- 2+ years' experience as a Receptionist or Administrative Assistant
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for lengthy periods of time. The employee frequently is required to walk, climb stairs; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee is regularly required to move about the facility. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.