CareersUSA, a leader in the staffing industry with 31 years of experience, has another job opportunity for you:
Our client is seeking a Recreation Aide in Stuart, FL.
Earn $8.00 per hour at this part-time, temporary position.
- Work 20 - 30 hours per week
- Hours will vary but may fall from 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM*
- *Hours are subject to change based on operational needs or other requirements
Under direct supervision, provides recreation activities for children, adults, senior citizens and other patrons at playgrounds, events, community centers, skate parks and other parks and recreation department venues.
- Monitors one or more assigned recreation activities or sports at an assigned recreation area
- Organizes, supervises, and stimulates interest among children and adults in various types of recreational events and activities such as sports, leisure activities, arts and crafts, etc
- Assists in the set-up, implementation and break down of events and activities
- Other duties as assigned by Recreation Leader, Recreation Coordinator or Recreation Program Supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of rules, regulations, and safety precautions related to recreational activities
- Knowledge of the philosophy and objectives of personal health and fitness
- Ability to score various sports
- Ability to lead and instruct children and adults in the assigned recreational activities
- Ability to maintain discipline and to solve disciplinary problems
- Ability to contribute effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives, and activities
- Knowledge of standard office computer equipment and software applications
- Ability to adjust schedule to include evening and weekend hours
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- First Aid and CPR certification required
- Applicants must be at least 16 years of age and enrolled in school
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Experience in physical education, special recreation, summer camp programs, or related field preferred
- There is little or no risk related to physical and/or mental health and safety associated with this position
- Essential Physical Activities:
- Stooping, crouching, walking, pulling, lifting, grasping, hearing, seeing up close, seeing far away, kneeling, reaching, pushing, talking, standing, finger movement, repetitive motions, depth perception.
- Frequent lifting of 10 to 25 pounds; occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work outdoors in a variety of temperature/weather conditions