Enter your email address below to receive jobs like this sent to your email.
Raleigh, NC 27604
Years of Experience
2+ to 5 Years
Some College Coursework Completed
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
31,000.00 - 35,000.00 $ /year Health and Dental insurance, 401K matching, paid vacation, merchandise discounts
Job Reference Code
Retail Store Manager
About the Job
Manager with at least two years retail management experience needed for Edward McKay Used Books & More in Raleigh, North Carolina. In addition to books, Edward McKay also buys video games, movies, CDs, electronics, action figures, textbooks, and more. Compensation includes hourly wages, 401K matching, health and dental insurance, paid vacation, and merchandise discounts.
We're looking for:
* Someone who enjoys being part of a team and who enjoys building teams.
* Someone who maintains high standards for store presentation.
* Someone who enjoys the challenge of store sales goals (they can be fun!)
* Someone who provides and coaches staff toward excellent customer service
* Someone who can build and maintain a first-rate store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
* Someone who can work with staff by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
* Someone who wants to work with peers all across the company while taking this over 40 year old business to new heights.
** Retail Management Experience is Absolutely Necessary . ** It doesn't matter if the experience is with a fast food place, department store, coffee shop, or some other business, just as long as it's retail or restaurant management. Applicants without retail/restaurant management experience or with office management experience only will not be considered.
The ideal candidate will have some college experience but a degree is not necessary -- the management experience is much more important. Experience with Excel or QuickBooks is a big, big plus. Familiarity with our product lines is also a big plus.
Store hours are 9-9 Monday through Saturday and 12-7 on Sunday. Managers will have to work at least some nights and weekends, though flexibility is possible and the schedules are made as far in advance as is feasible.