Get new similar jobs by email for
Mid Security A&A Engineer
Knowledge Consulting Group (KCG) is one of the largest privately held cybersecurity services firms in the United States; serving as a Federal Government Contractor and supporting Commercial customers. We operate as a trusted cyber advisor to our customers across the country. We take great pride in maintaining a single focus on being the leader in cybersecurity services, providing risk management, governance, operations, and compliance services, utilizing our CISO framework methodology. We are uniquely positioned as a trusted cyber advisor with over 90 percent of our cyber professionals holding security clearances and security-specific certifications. With over 12 years of experience in providing cybersecurity services to our customers, we have a strong record of past performance in advising and executing cyber missions for all types of organizations and sectors.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Interim Secret Clearance required.
Minimum/General Experience: Two years of information assurance services experience. Experience shall be in a related security technology or discipline such as security assessments (planning & compliance, architecture, audits, risk & vulnerability identification), creating and implementing security concepts and policy, encryption technology, firewall technology, or information protection. One of the two years of experience shall be in a lead security design or technical task/program leadership position.
Minimum Education: B.A. or B.S. in related field. B.A. or B.S. may be substituted with 4 years of professional Information Assurance services experience.
Demonstrated technical experience:
Additionally, this candidate must:
1. Communicate effectively through strong written and verbal means to co-workers and senior leadership as well as to various levels of clients.
2. Ability to function in a fast-paced environment and effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
3. Ability to assess and weigh current and evolving security risks in an operational environment.
4. Familiarity with FIPS and NIST 800 series documentation
5. Proven problem management skills with the ability to think critically – Use logic and analysis to identify the potential enhancements and flaws in security measures.
6. Ability to resolve problems effectively – Seek out information and data to evaluate, prioritize and formulate best solution or practice.
7. Strong presentation and consulting skills.
8. Strong technical skills.
9. Interfaces with all necessary levels of management and staff regarding Information Assurance services.
10.Keeps aware of local, national, and international trends and developments in the area of information security and relates them to the needs of the client.
Strong verbal and written communication skills are highly preferred. It is highly desirable that candidates possess strong interpersonal skills. Candidates must be fluent in the English language.
Candidates may be asked to provide a writing sample.
Knowledge Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
If you have questions or have trouble applying, you may contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.