Senior Network Engineer
As a Senior Network Engineer you will be part of a team providing the day to day administration, upkeep, development, and deployment of systems in Siteworx's heterogeneous computing environment.
- Design, implement, and support the company’s network infrastructure including Local Area Network, Wide Area Network, Internet, remote access systems, and authentication platforms.
- Assist in the development of information security policies, standards, procedures, and checklists
- Responsible for network capacity planning, performance tuning, and troubleshooting
- Manage and maintain network monitoring systems
- Install, configure, and maintain network and host based intrusion prevention systems, firewalls, and other security devices
- Respond to and analyze security system alerts and incident reports
- Proactively assess potential items of risk and vulnerability in the network& systems
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and complete them on schedule
- Ensure procedures and processes are clearly and accurately documented and implemented
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other related field or equivalent knowledge with 8 years of related professional experience.
- Subject Matter Expert in IP routing protocols including BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, IP Multicast,
- Proficiency working with VLAN, VRF, HSRP, Port Security, Traffic Shaping, Priority Queuing, Class of Service (CoS)
- Experience with both wireless networking in a corporate environment and Ethernet switching in both corporate and production environments
- Must possess an understanding of TCP/IP, access control lists (ACLs), security, firewalls and network traffic analysis. In addition, must be Internet savvy in a production environment with regards to security, DNS, SMTP, SNMP, syslog, and Virtual Private Networks (VPN).
- In depth knowledge and experience with concepts and issues related to computing and infrastructure security.
- Experience with vulnerability assessment tools, packet analyzers, & security management suites
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a proven ability to effectively interact with all levels of employees
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure in a fast-paced on-time deliverable environment
- Must be self-motivated and able to work effectively both alone and as part of a team
- Some travel may be required
- Experience working with Linux and Windows operating systems in production environments
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include 24x7 on call support and production maintenance windows
- In depth experience with multiple vendor’s hardware, including Cisco and Juniper
- Network hardware vendor certification (CCNP, CCIE, JNCIS, JNCIE, etc)
Siteworx is an award-winning interactive agency with deep roots in Web content management (WCM), search and analytics solutions, and Web strategy. Through an unparalleled combination of design and technology expertise, Siteworx helps interactive marketers, Web strategists and technology leaders achieve measurable business results.
Siteworx employees are a unique mix of creative and technical individuals whose skill and dedication have won acclaim and loyalty from our many high profile clients. We are passionate about our work and about our lives, and our culture emphasizes the need to balance them.
Siteworx offers competitive salary and benefits including health, dental and life insurance; 401k plan with employer contribution; vacation, holiday and sick leave; and education and gym reimbursement plans. EOE/M/F/D/V