The Senior Regional Sales Executive, Pharmaceutical Courier Services' role will develop, lead, and direct the sales strategy to generate, grow and maximize World Courier’s business opportunities and sales to drive the overall profitability and effectiveness of the organization. The Senior Regional Sales Executive, Pharmaceutical Courier Services will work with the sales team to create a customer-focused sales and marketing strategy that will achieve company revenue targets.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop the sales strategic plan to ensure the achievement of the World Courier strategic direction.
- Liaise with the Vice President of Sales to develop and implement the organizational strategic plan and business unit strategies to ensure the achievement of overall World Courier strategic objectives.
- Lead and manage direct reports and the sale team to ensure that all employees are recruited, developed, and empowered to assist in achieving the company strategic objectives.
- Engender a positive culture within the sales team which focuses on cooperation, communication, efficiency and transparency.
- Ensure that the sales team members comply with relevant World Courier policies; and that any issues identified are resolved appropriately.
- Monitor and review staff Key Performance Indicators ("KPIs") to ensure departmental objectives are achieved and are specific, realistic and achievable.
- Monitor financial delegations and financial approvals to ensure that approval limits are exercised appropriately.
- Identify potential clients to be targeted for future marketing activities, visiting potential clients to promote the service offerings and highlighting opportunities for partnerships.
- Manage the budget within the sales portfolio area to ensure sales objectives are met and costs are controlled.
- Seek opportunities to present at relevant conferences, trade shows and events to market the services of World Courier.
- Ensure the development of an ongoing communications program with each key client and continued client satisfaction and opportunities to grow the relationships are identified.
- Coordinate World Courier advertising within designated portfolios and measure effectiveness and outcomes to guide future adverting efforts.
- Analyze weekly Sales reports around activities conducted, pipeline opportunities, new business secured and ongoing relationships confirmed and report as required to the Managing Director.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Pharmaceutical courier experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, for the purpose of preparing proposals, reports, and customer presentations.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to develop and maintain productive, cooperative, and interdependent working and business relationships.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong analytic skills.
- Strong creativity skills; with particular emphasis on creative problem solving.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and other software programs and tools necessary to operate effectively with company systems and programs.