Job Responsibilities: The Safety Leader is responsible for supporting site transformation to a world class safety culture. Will drive aggressive Safety and IH program goals for chemical facility with a unionized workforce.
- Supervise and provide direction to the plant nurse and dispensary.
- Direct the plant in creation and execution of a Zero Incident Culture strategy and related Tactical Plan.
- Focus safety improvement initiatives based on incident trending analysis.
- Ensure the safety of self and others by maintaining and adhering to all plant policies and procedures.
- Maintain OSHA regulatory compliance on a daily basis.
- Monitor contractor health and safety training and regulatory issues as they apply to OSHA 1926 for on-site construction projects.
- Interface with Environmental and Health Physics departments on industrial hygiene, respiratory protection, hearing conservation, air monitoring, exposure issues and hazardous waste management programs.
- Research and maintain personal protective equipment to meet job/task process requirements.
- Utilize SAP for generating supply requisitions and safety work orders.
- Perform and facilitate root cause analysis for plant incident investigations.
- Conduct plant wide safety auditing program; monitor monthly team audits and communicate results plant wide.
- Perform job task auditing to assure compliance with plant safety procedures.
- Participate in plant joint Management/Union Safety Council to address HSE issues.
- Coordinate and assist to meet training requirements for LOTO, confined space, forklift operation, contractor Hazardous Waste Operations & Emergency Response for on-site emergency response team and general safety regulations.
- Compile, analyze and disseminate incident information utilizing database-tracking software. Implement corrective actions for safety incidents.
- Develop action plans to address open corrective actions stemming from internal/external audits and investigations.
- Maintain plant HSE procedures be fully compliant with corporate requirements.
- Maintain ISO 14001 certification requirements.
- Annual completion of the HSE Self Assessment Tool (SAT).
- Develop and implement plans to help the plant prepare for the upcoming HSE Audit.
- Populate the Dakota database that monitors regulatory emerging issues per new company requirements.
- Assist in the implementation of the site’s Tactical Plan to drive and promote a Zero Incident Culture (ZIC).
· Bachelor’s degree Safety Engineering, Occupational Safety or related discipline required.
· MS a major plus.
· CSP or ASP desired.
· 3 + years Safety experience in manufacturing required.
· Thorough knowledge of Safety systems, OSHA standards and requirements.
· Managerial/Supervisory experience required.
· Familiarity with NRC requirements is a plus.